We are currently seeking a Senior Rails Developer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. This role is for someone who is passionate about building innovative solutions and being exposed to new challenges and technologies while making an impact. This role is available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
We at Clio have an amazing team that is on a mission to transform the legal experience for all, and our engineering team’s goal is to deliver an incredible experience to our customers. To enable our engineers to build the best product they can, our development team has to build the best possible product that is performant, reliable, scalable, and beautiful.
A day in the life might look like:
- Working with a team of developers to solve complex problems and provide elegant solutions to Clio customers;
- Work in an agile environment with our team of full stack developers across a variety of projects.
- Using a wide variety of technologies, learning new things, and challenging yourself;
- Participating in diverse projects and collaborating with multiple engineering teams across three countries;
- Review and provide feedback on a peer's code, both from within your own team or across all of Clio. Thrive as #TeamClio.
- Write and ship code in a test driven environment (TDD)
- Collaborate with teams across Clio to diagnose, understand, and solve problems, and to build solutions that may span many areas.
- Teach and learn from those around you - providing constructive feedback to those around you, and taking on feedback to help grow.
What you may have:
- Experience in software development, specifically with building web applications at scale using Ruby on Rails;
- The ability to master new technologies quickly and work effectively in a dynamic and ever-evolving environment that includes distributed teams and customers;
- Demonstrated success in mentorship in software development, particularly using an Agile process and with large scale SaaS products;
- A diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- A portfolio of successful projects (as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects); and
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build trusted relationships with fellow Clions and customers.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.