We’re looking for a Sales Manager to join our rapidly growing Business Development Sales team.
This role is for someone who thrives in a rapid-growth and high-velocity environment. This person is a dedicated professional eager to grow Clio’s customer base by managing their team to excel in interacting with prospective clients on Clio's Suite offerings. Highly organized and agile, the ideal candidate will focus on positioning their team to engage with new accounts spanning all segments from Velocity to Mid-Market while being confident, articulate, and sensitive to the prospects’ needs while developing relationships.
What your team does
Our Business Development Representative team is a critical part of the engine that drives interest in Clio's product offerings across our prospective customer base. They work with new customers to provide sound advice, offer solutions to complex problems using strong business acumen and resourcefulness. Through a mix of cold calling, engaging with MQLs and reviving old nurtured leads your team will create qualified sales opportunities for our Account Executive teams that directly impact Clio’s revenue growth.
What you’ll work on
- Manage and grow high performing business development teams;
- Responsible for exceeding sales targets. You will be taking over one of our existing teams of BDRs serving one of our 3 sales segments (Velocity, Strategic, or Mid-Market)
- Identify areas for improvement and take an active role in coaching and developing dynamic teams;
- Recruit team members for ongoing and future headcount needs;
- Hold team members accountable to sales metrics and KPI's;
- Work closely with Sales Leadership and cross functional teams;
- Collaborate closely with business operations teams to analyze results and see opportunities to improve systems, processes, and programs;
- Coordinate with stakeholders in each of the sales segments to ensure consistent and ongoing alignment;
- Participate in leadership of the Hub office as required;
- Other duties as required.
What you may have
- Demonstrated success as both a top performing sales person and team leader/manager;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing sales teams through regular 1:1’s, continuous training and coaching;
- Experience working in fast paced and high growth technology companies;
- A track record of developing people and building high velocity sales teams;
- Extraordinary communication and organizational skills. Ability to gain buy-in and motivate a team;
- A competitive mindset.
Serious bonus points if you have
- Sales experience and training at a leading tech/IT company;
- Experience at a SaaS company.
- Experience with cold calling and cold outreach
- Strong understanding of sequencing and cadences (Salesloft/ Outreach)
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.