We are currently seeking a new Senior Front End Engineer to join our Lawyaw development team. This role is also available to candidates across Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United States (some exceptions may apply).
What your team does:
Acquired by Clio in 2021, Lawyaw is a SaaS platform focused on enabling the digitization of legal services. Our platform solves a foundational gap in the market by making it easy to incorporate programmable documents into digital workflows. Lawyaw currently powers over 1,000 law firms and are growing quickly, but we have so much more to build!
As a Senior Front End Engineer you are tasked with building and maintaining the front-end services, architecture and user interfaces that enables the products and features that thousands of lawyers and law firms will depend on to generate their legal documents and automate their legal workflows.
We're looking for people with a deep passion for building top-tier software that delights users. You have a deep empathy for the end user and can't help but fall in love with the problem to find the right solution. You are a no-ego doer who is comfortable dealing with change and a bias towards action.
What you’ll work on:
- Collaborate with stakeholders and designers to scope, evaluate and design the technical solutions to product problems and features;
- Serve as a role model for our high engineering standards and bring consistency to our front-end codebases and development processes;
- Build, maintain and iterate on our core product and features;
- Be a steward of crafting great product experiences and putting yourself in the shoes of our users.
What you may have:
- 5+ years experience building and shipping top tier client-side web applications and user interfaces.
- A deep understanding of web standards, accessibility, browser API's and rendering engines.
- Experience in React or other popular front-end frameworks and toolsets.
- Breadth and depth of knowledge on different data synchronization methods, can clearly communicate the tradeoffs between them and the types of problems that they are best suited for.
- Proven ability to lead project initiatives from ideation to completion including rollout, documentation, monitoring and analytics.
- Thrives in a fast paced, high growth environment.
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.
Founded in 2016, Lawyaw provides the market-leading solution for cloud-based legal document automation, which helps law firms save time, increase profitability, and reduce errors. The company is an alumnus of Y-Combinator (W18) and was acquired by Clio in 2021. It continues on a period of rapid growth thanks to increasing adoption of remote technologies since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic as well as strong product market fit and excellent customer satisfaction (NPS>50). www.lawyaw.com