We are currently seeking a Manager of Data Analytics to join our Data Insights team in Calgary, Burnaby or Toronto. This role is also available to remote candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
Our Data Insights team is focused on stewarding a scientific culture that makes better decisions and learns from experience. You will be working alongside the Director of Data Insights and Data Science team to help leaders across departments develop and deploy data-driven insights in real time, with a mission of making data easy at Clio. You will help our business grow, help our customers succeed, and continuously improve the way we operate.
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who takes data seriously, thrives in a rapid-growth, high-velocity environment, and someone who lives and breathes their values. We’re looking for an innovator, a thought leader, and someone with the passion and vision to build the discipline of Data Analytics from the ground up. We’re looking for someone who is:
- A leader, passionate about building a human and high-performing team;
- Always looking to innovate with data and explore open-ended questions;
- Strategically minded and never shies away from a challenge;
- Passionate about approaching things empirically;
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and collaboratively;
- Agile and responsive, and comfortable with constant change.
What you’ll work on:
- Building the Discipline of Data Analytics: Defining our mission, vision, and strategy for Data Analytics at Clio;
- Project Prioritization, Scoping, and Management: Prioritizing projects based on short-term and long-term business impact, scoping projects by gathering requirements (e.g. for data availability and usability, dashboarding and reports, and KPIs and operational metrics), managing timelines and roadmaps, and coordinating activities with other involved team members;
- Building Out a Team of Data Analysts & Scientists: This is a nascent team, and needs to grow to meet the needs of the business;
- Data Enablement: Enabling Clions to answer operational business questions and self-serve data insights through our analytics tools. This includes training programs, documentation, support, and building out our analytics tools with best practices;
- Building Usable, Reliable, Insightful Dashboards: Scoping, building, and deploying insightful dashboards and reports in Looker that Clions love, trust, and help our business thrive;
- Leading as a Player-Coach: Striking a balance of leading the discipline, managing the team, and delivering great work product;
- Partnering with the Data Science team to foster a data-driven culture across the organization.
What you may have:
- 3+ years of applied experience in data analysis or business intelligence;
- Intermediate applied knowledge of SQL and database architecture;
- Familiarity with scalable data infrastructure and data governance concepts;
- Experience building data models and transforming large datasets into meaningful insights;
- Experience leading and building a team;
- Experience working with stakeholders to define and execute on high-impact projects;
- Passion for effective and intuitive data visualization;
- Deeply data-driven mindset, analytical, and curious;
- Self-motivation, independence, and a deadline orientation;
- A passion for building data-driven organizations and having an impact on the business.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Expertise with Looker (Clio’s analytics tool) or other cloud analytics tools;
- Experience working with Redshift or other cloud data warehouses;
- Applied experience in programming languages.
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers.
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system. We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.