Get Better Every Day is a core value for Clio and even more so for Engineering. We need an Engineering leader that will challenge ideas, generate discussion, and encourage their team to do the same to ensure that we are working smart, solving problems for our customers, and transforming the legal experience for all.
As a member of our senior leadership team reporting directly to the CTO, the VP is responsible for leading Clio’s diverse team of 150+ developers, architects, and innovators.
What you’ll work on:
- Work directly with the CTO and CEO to understand Clio’s direction, co-develop strategy, then execute on initiatives to increase velocity and improve engineering practices
- Roll up your sleeves and deep dive into the technology & code to help developers better understand what is possible
- Directly supervise, mentor, and collaborate with engineering directors who are in the thick of it with their teams every day.
- Create a balance between immediate business needs and doing the right thing from a tech perspective to improve velocity over time
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, customer success, marketing, and sales to ensure alignment of your team’s work with business objectives
- Work closely with the Recruiting/People team to actively recruit and hire top talent to support Clio’s goals
What you may have:
- Experience as a CTO, Vice President, Sr. Director, Principal-level Consultant, or experience in a similar position.
- Seen a lot as a very experienced developer and you have the ability to write/understand code that demonstrates engineering best practices
- Strong understanding of how SaaS & top technology companies operate, including culture, process, high-level tech architecture, org structure, best practices
- Experience in a role where you’re “managing managers” and have multiple leaders reporting to you and coordinating action through you.
- Successful running agile organizations at scale, with a sense of urgency to deliver quality software to solve customer problems
- Demonstrated experience in promoting positive culture and diversity throughout a large engineering organization to achieve transformational change
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.