We are currently seeking a Conversion Copywriter to join our Marketing team. This role is also available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
Who you are:
You are an experienced copywriter with a track record of delivering performance improvements through persuasive copy.
You have a deep understanding of the marketing funnel, and how to create content experiences that convert. You know what makes the difference between a bounce and a click-through, whether it’s the words on the page, the friction on the form, or the shade of blue on the button.
You have a curious mind, and want to see how your day-to-day tasks result in improvements in traffic, conversions, leads delivered/opportunities created, and revenue growth. And you know how to dive in, and report on, the data that tells you whether your initiatives are effective or need further iteration.
You understand the power that words have to shape the perception of an idea or product, and you champion a consistent brand voice and tone in everything you touch. You know what good writing looks like and have outstanding editing and proofreading skills.
What you’ll be working on:
- Writing impactful content in diverse forms to drive business goals, specifically including conversion-related programs such as the Clio website, emails, advertising, events, gated content, landing pages, and more;
- Collaborating with our content conversion and experience (CNE) team, and our cross-functional conversion rate optimization (CRO) squad, on Clio's CRO strategy, and executing the content initiatives that bring the strategy to life;
- Collaborating closely with other content strategists on a wide scope of projects;
- Championing content and content conversion and copywriting best practices, and disseminating learnings across the team;
- Actively contributing to the way we write about our features and products, and continuously improving what we have today;
- Report on CRO and content-related KPIs, using qualitative and quantitative research to inform your content decisions, and adjusting plans according to the performance of efforts;
- Empowering everyone at Clio to write their own great content by contributing to training, learning resources, and other support opportunities.
What you may have:
- Post-secondary education in communications, journalism, or English with a strong conversion copywriting and content experience acumen;
- Minimum of 6 years experience writing conversion-focused copy and executing on content needs for a brand;
- Experience writing and structuring language to respond to audience needs while still maintaining conversion best practices;
- A portfolio of conversion-related content work that showcases how copy you've written and revised led to improvements in traffic, conversions, leads delivered, and/or opportunities created;
- Content strategy experience, preferably in a pipeline-driven, conversion-focused environment;
- Background working with cross-functional teams including UX designers, product marketers, product managers, researchers, and engineers;
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement, and maintain content standards across an organization;
- A foundational understanding of user-centered design techniques and how to apply them;
- Empathy and understanding for lawyers and their clients.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience in the B2B SaaS space.
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.