We are currently seeking a Senior Design Researcher to join our Product Design team. This role is available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
We believe solid, rigorous research is pivotal to crafting a shared understanding that helps inspire, design, and build the products that fuel Clio’s mission of transforming the legal experience. We’re looking for a deeply curious senior design researcher who believes that research is a team effort and that empathy, passion, and storytelling are foundational to creating great experiences.
What you’ll work on:
- You’re eager to evangelize UX research across the r&d department through close collaboration with feature teams.
- You’ll collaborate closely with Clio’s customer insights team and coordinate research initiatives with them.
- You’ll conduct qualitative research and uncover insights on our customers' needs and pain points. You can partner with designers and product managers to build a more efficient and human experience across our products.
- You are passionate about generative research. You know that we may be answering the wrong questions and are not afraid to dig a little further to uncover the right questions.
- You will build positive relationships with our product teams and do not shy away from sharing some uncomfortable truths about what we’re doing.
- You will synthesize research findings, in an engaging and actionable way. You have great storytelling capabilities and can help the organization better understand what drives and motivates Clio’s customers. You are adept at sharing the right level of insight depending on the stakeholder you are talking to.
- You’ll help define efficient research processes and operational initiatives.
- Like us, you are totally behind the idea that everyone should participate in research and you take that to heart.
What you may have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong experience in qualitative research, with an emphasis on shipping useful and usable products.
- Examples of work that clearly demonstrate your ability to tackle complex problems on behalf of users and in collaboration with your peers in the product organization.
- Strong skills applying multiple research methodologies, including data collection, analysis and synthesis.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Have a high level of comfort working within a self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity.
- Have experience working with high level stakeholders and the ability to communicate key research insights at various fidelities.
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.