We are currently seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our rapidly expanding team. This is a remote position. When our offices reopen this role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exemptions may apply.
A day in the life might look like:
- Building and supporting Clio's global cloud infrastructure.
- Nurturing and evolving the development ecosystem at Clio by providing the tools, infrastructure, and services that our developers rely on to transform the practice of law, for good.
- Recognizing opportunities for process improvement or automation and then writing clean, maintainable code in order to erase the manual task or nullify the pain point.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You are a self-starting and self-governing learner and worker who is adept at breaking down intractable problems into achievable pieces and iterating on them.
- You are curious by nature and love to dig deep on problems, always asking “Why?”.
- You communicate in a clear and concise manner, regardless of medium (text, voice, and in-person).
- You value curiosity and collaboration, and actively seek to build the context required to power your decisions.
- You have a team-first mentality and will naturally step in to support co-workers when you perceive them to be in difficulty.
What you may have:
This is not a check-list to be satisfied. If you have experience or interest in some of these areas, we’d love to hear from you and encourage you to apply.
- Experience writing clean, maintainable code in collaboration with other developers.
- Experience building and administering Debian GNU/Linux hosts using automated image build and configuration management tools.
- Experience building and deploying containerized services using an orchestration system.
- Experience administering cloud resources on common cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) using automated resource configuration and provisioning tools.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience managing hosts with Puppet.
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience developing with Ruby or GoLang.
- Experience managing AWS resources with Terraform.
- Experience scripting with BASH.
- Experience administering any of: Elasticsearch, Kafka, MySQL, Redis.
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.