We are currently seeking a new Special Projects, Co-op to join our Business Operations team in Burnaby, Toronto or Calgary.
Applicants should be available for a 8 month co-op period from July-September 2022 to February-April 2023. We will be accepting applications throughout May, June and July.
What your team does:
The Strategic Initiatives (SI) team includes Strategic Planning, Project Implementation, and Customer Insights functions that come together to lead the business through high impact, cross-functional initiatives aimed at growing and transforming the business. SI is involved in all aspects of a project cycle from the strategic vision, to research, managing execution and change, reporting, and long term success. We’re the gears that reliably keep projects running on time and keep the business growing.
Strategic Initiatives sits within our wider Business Operations department at Clio, which is focused on driving results for the company through strategic, operational, and data-driven improvements. Led by our Chief Operating Officer, Business Operations plays a key role in shaping Clio’s long-term strategy and solving complex questions and challenges, in partnership with executives and business leaders across the organization.
What you’ll work on:
The primary duties of this role will be to support Project Managers on major cross-functional initiatives of high impact to the company. This could include:
- Meeting with project teams to check on progress and status of project work, and enabling teams to complete project tasks on time
- Tracking a variety of moving projects pieces; such as tasks, meeting action items, decisions, and risks
- Drafting and maintaining project documents and spreadsheets
- Maintaining project tracking tools like Asana and GitHub
- Preparing weekly project status reports
- Contributing towards project playbooks and developing project templates
- Helping to maintain the Business Operations and project management wiki
- Additional administrative support as required
This is a learning role and the candidate will be expected to engage in self-learning activities related to project management topics. Wider learning opportunities may also include:
- Strategic planning and reporting
- Customer research strategies and insights
- High level KPI reporting and interpreting key data dashboards
What you may have:
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experienced with spreadsheet management (Excel or Google Sheets)
- Ability to facilitate meetings while taking highly detailed meeting notes
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a large cross-functional team
- Familiarity with the SaaS business model
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Data mindset (General data literacy with an understanding of key SaaS KPIs, and the ability to interpret dashboards)
- Strategic mindset (Forward thinking, critical thinking, ability to anticipate, ability to see the big picture)
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system. .
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.