We are currently seeking a Payroll and Benefits Coordinator to join our People team. This role is also available to candidates remotely across Canada (excluding Québec).
What your team does:
Clio’s People Team focuses on creating a truly exceptional workplace that is both human and high-performing. This role will provide all the administrative and transactional support required for an evolving Payroll and Benefits team.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a reliable, detail oriented individual who is just as happy working independently as sharing their knowledge with others. The right person has a strong understanding of payroll and benefits administration, and knows how to not only create reports, but pull valuable recommendations from the data.
What you’ll work on:
- Preparation of semi-monthly and monthly payroll in a timely and accurate manner;
- Assist with monthly, and quarterly commission and bonus calculations;
- Reconcile payroll and benefits, and manage the flow of information to the general ledger to ensure costs are allocated to the correct account and cost center;
- Preparation of provincial and federal reporting and remittances (i.e. WCB, WSIB, EHT, ROEs, etc.);
- Assist with year-end reconciliations and tax form preparation (T4s, T4As, Form 2220s, WCB, WSIB, EHT, etc.);
- Monitor the firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com inbox and respond to internal and external payroll and benefit inquiries;
- Draft employee agreements and internal employee adjustments letters;
- Coordinate and process information for new hires, resignations and terminations (i.e. calculations, letters, and ROE);
- Support benefit plan administration through Workday;
- Maintain operating manuals for all payroll, benefit and insurance processes;
- Maintain operating manuals for all payroll processes;
- Maintain an effective and confidential filing system for all documentation relating to payroll procedures and employee files;
- Preparation of documents for annual audit and other ad-hoc external payroll and tax audits;
- Assist in managing and maintaining the payroll and HRIS system, as well as making recommendations to improve the scalability and efficiency of internal payroll processes;
- Preparation of month-end and ad-hoc reporting.
What you may have:
- 1-2 years of payroll and/or benefits experience in a high volume environment
- Knowledge of provincial and federal employment standards and taxation guidelines as they relate to payroll and benefits
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel required
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to a fast paced, high growth environment
Serious bonus points if you have:
- University courses in accounting
- Completion of Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) courses
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system. We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation. This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.