We are currently seeking a Senior Marketing Operations Manager to join our Marketing Team in Burnaby, Toronto or Calgary. This role is also available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec (if applicable).
What your team does:
The Marketing Operations team orchestrates the technology, process, data, and automations that help fuel the business’s growth and drive optimal customer experiences. We automate campaigns, workflows, and data governance programs; we analyze data to inform business decisions; we procure new marketing technology and integrate it into our stack; and we develop processes that enable innovation and scale.
Who you are:
You are an experienced marketing operations professional who is excited about the possibilities of technologies and automations to improve the customer experience and business impact. You know how to bring stakeholders to the table, gather business requirements, turn it into technical specs, and deliver a multi-system solution that exceeds expectations. You understand the inner workings of marketing and sales tools, and can design best-in-class systems that are efficient and effective. You’re a mentor to junior team members and considered a thought leader in marketing operations. You balance being highly strategic in setting your MarOps and MarTech stack vision, and highly tactical in building and enabling teams with automations.
Together with the rest of the Marketing Operations team, you’ll work to build an operational center of excellence that supports a fast growing marketing team and business. The work you do will have an immediate and measurable impact on our team. You’ll be working with a team that values excellence, collaboration, and innovation. You will be supported with a full tech stack, learning and development opportunities, and the infrastructure of an outstanding team.
What you’ll work on:
- Implement, optimize, and report on our lead scoring, new lead flow, compliance programs, segmentations, nurtures, and lifecycle programs in Marketo.
- Own the Marketo to Salesforce integration, troubleshoot errors, and design automations and integrations that take into consideration Salesforce constraints and our unique business processes.
- Intake and organize MarOps projects by working cross-functionally to scope and design solutions.
- Ensure we are maximizing the use of our existing technology. You know all the features in our marketing techstack and develop plans with stakeholders to make use of those features, including creating documentation, setting up the automations and integrations, and designing processes.
- Ensure our core marketing technologies (Marketo, Sendoso, Drift, Litmus, Zoom, Asana) are operating efficiently and without any errors.
- De-siloing data and working cross functionally with RevOps and SalesOps to troubleshoot errors.
- Develop the strategy for and execute on the marketing technology roadmap, for example, by bringing in technologies like predictive modeling or scoring software, ABM platforms, and web personalization tools.
- Design creative workarounds to technical limitations to achieve desired business requirements.
- Own the marketing procurement process and work with key stakeholders, like finance and compliance, to ensure marketing technology minimizes risks and maximizes value to the organization. Translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Negotiate existing marketing technology contracts. Stay on top of upcoming technology renewals. Keep documentation on how satisfied users are and be aware of alternative technologies or features that we should consider.
- Be the admin for key technologies in our stack.
- Design, implement, and enable processes that scale with a high growth team.
- Report on the health of our techstack, marketing database, and lead funnel.
- Stay curious and keep current—be the internal champion for trends, best practices, new tools, and innovation.
- Work with the MarOps team on the day-to-day tasks and requests that come in, including but not limited to: emails, webinars, segmentation, lead imports, form syncs, and event programs.
- Mentor junior MarOps team members.
- Support the Senior Marketing Operations Manager and MarOps team as needed.
What you may have:
- Minimum 5 years related work experience delivering marketing automation and/or marketing technology projects in a SaaS environment.
- Experience integrating and automating with a tech stack including direct mail, webinars, event management, project management, middleware, business intelligence, and other tools.
- Experience with Rest APIs, HTML, and CSS.
- Knowledge of SFDC; object relationships, data architecture, expert campaign management, workflows and third party integrations
- Experience building complex automation rules and workflows in Marketo or similar MAP/CRM supporting B2B Saas companies
- Experience with Multi-touch Attribution
- Understands privacy, GDPR, CAN-SPAM, CASL, etc.
- Passionate about leveraging technology and data to aid your day-to-day execution
- Organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Marketo certified expert
- Salesforce admin certified
- Experience with Google sheets or Excel
- Experience with Query or scripting language
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.