We are currently seeking a Senior Business Operations Analyst to join our Strategic Planning Team under our Business Operations department in Burnaby, Calgary, or Toronto. This role is also available to remote candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
The Strategic Planning Team focuses on Strategy Design, Execution Planning, Monitoring, and Governing the Strategy - we are passionate about great strategy and decision-making. We strive to be objective and unbiased while presenting strategic options and recommend the path forward. The Strategic Planning Team team has a positive, gritty, and supportive culture. We look for curious people that build partnerships across the business, enjoy finding solutions to ambiguous challenges, and love influencing stakeholders towards a common goal -- especially while using their strong analytical, financial, critical thinking and communications skills to outline the road ahead! In our work together, we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and above all, collaborative.
Who you are:
We are currently seeking an exceptional Sr. Business Operations Analyst to join our Strategic Planning team within the Business Operations department. This is a unique opportunity for a mission-driven individual to join a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced team environment. You have strong analysis and modelling skills, are deeply data-driven, relentlessly curious, and have demonstrated the ability to balance the details against the bigger picture. You will bring creative and forward-thinking solutions to tackle today's most pressing business issues, and collaborate with leaders across the organization to develop strategies that prepare us to be successful in the future.
What you’ll work on:
- Help develop executive presentations on various strategic and operational topics for various Clio audiences (all levels of management)
- Ability to present complex concepts to senior leaders. You are able to look at a problem from 20,000 feet and see its macro impact and at the same time be able to dig into detailed data to develop your understanding at a micro-level.
- Conduct broad research (internal + external) and evaluate environmental trends, assessing core capabilities, competitor profiling and completing gap analyses; publish distilled insights and findings and serve as a champion for recommended opportunities.
- Help identify trends and indicators in data streams and reports to inform strategic decisions or guide new investments in under- or unrepresented markets.
- Analyze the health of the business and interpret key performance metrics.
- Utilize your financial analysis skills to assess and make strategic recommendations that drive profitable business decisions.
- Define metrics that are independent, holistic, accurate, encourage the right behaviours, and are aligned with company strategy and objectives.
What you may have:
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics, or a relevant discipline
- 4+ years of experience at a top-tier management consulting, fintech and/or growth stage software company
- Experience with data analysis and BI tools (including Looker)
- Ability to leverage superior analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills for the purposes of delivering business insights and strategic recommendations.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication including the ability to communicate complex findings in a structured and clear manner.
- Comfortable to work in ambiguity with a bent towards fast execution and iteration;
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, excellent written and verbal communicator;
- Excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, and deadline-oriented.
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers.
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.