We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team. This role is available to candidates remotely across Canada (excluding Quebec).
What your team does:
Our Finance team is hyper-focused on becoming one of the most high performing teams in the world. That means we work hard, play for keeps, and dedicate ourselves to making sure #TeamMoney thrives as we scale. You will be joining a high performing and hard-working team that values having fun at work. We strive to meet our deadlines, but as with all accountants - we worship balance as well. Your position will be an integral part of the team.
What you’ll work on:
- Work with other Senior accountants to oversee the entire financial close cycle with a team of junior/intermediate team members.
- Work within the accounting team and with cross-functional stakeholders to help design and implement a system of internal controls compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
- Support the Controller through complex accounting issues, such as business combinations.
- Work with the multiple cross-departmental stakeholders to ensure the successful financial integration of acquired businesses.
- Oversee the journal entries to record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses by managing the preparation of accurate supporting workbook and analyzing account information.
- Work closely with a high-performance team to ensure our monthly records are closed on a timely basis using the NetSuite accounting system.
- Maintain and balance cross-border intercompany accounts between our subsidiaries by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain the general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Prepare financial reporting and financial analysis focusing on key performance indicators.
- Prepae consolidated financial statements, variance analytics, and corresponding working papers and schedules.
- Own our revenue cycle, including reviewing weekly credit card receipt to cash reconciliation records, ensuring all manually charged customers are accurately charged on-time, and assisting our sales team with refunds and modifications where necessary.
- Prepare audit working papers and liaising with external auditors.
- Provide ongoing support for process improvement and change management projects as the subject matter expert on the accounting requirements through the implementation, communication and training for internal stakeholders.
What you might have:
- 5+ years of experience of full cycle accounting or auditing in a Sarbanes-Oxley controls environment
- Exposure and enjoyment of to full cycle accounting process
- Ridiculous attention to little details;
- The ability to wow people with your intricate written and verbal communication skills;
- A track record of organization;
- Experience managing and overseeing a small team and cross-departmental projects;
- Experience working in an office environment;
- Special tricks and techniques for multitasking effectively;
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals, specifically US GAAP;
- Excellent MS office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); and,
- A CPA designation
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.