We are currently seeking a new Content Manager to join our Lawyaw team. This role is available to candidates across Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United States (some exceptions may apply).
What your team does:
Acquired by Clio in 2021, Lawyaw is a SaaS platform focused on increasing convenient access to legal services with technology. Our platform solves a fundamental gap in the current legal automation market by making it easy to incorporate programmable documents into digital legal workflows. We work with more than 1,500 law firms, legal aid organizations and non-profits to generate more than 40,000 legal documents per day, which helps our users save time and reduce errors on routine legal drafting and court forms. Our tools are being used to help people more conveniently access their rights and legal protections, and our team is growing quickly.
Who you are:
The right candidate for this position will be interested in developing and implementing a multi-channel content strategy, including articles, eBooks, webinars, short videos, and other media, as well as writing emails, crafting landing pages, and generally ensuring consistent communication aligned with our audience’s needs and the company’s brand standards. Prior experience within the legal industry is preferable but not required. Content opportunities range from deep dives into the impacts of technology on the legal industry, profiles of innovative legal projects expanding access to justice, best practices for improving operational efficiency and service quality for law firms, and related topics.
This position is part of a small (but growing) in-house marketing team, and would work collaboratively with the Director of Marketing, Marketing Manager and other team members to build and execute an effective content strategy across our website, email communications, social media and more. If you like wearing a lot of hats without losing sight of what matters, enjoy creative problem-solving, and want a position where you have growth potential while working on something that is positively impacting the lives of millions of people, this might be a good fit.
What you’ll work on:
- Produce compelling content for use across multiple channels and platforms, including articles, eBooks, webinars, videos, and more.
- Develop an engaging content strategy for our audience of legal professionals.
- Create stories highlighting innovative uses of legal technology that increase access to justice
- Collaborate with the marketing team to devise topical content and messaging for campaigns.
- Build innovative strategies to expand our content’s reach and audience.
- Write compelling email content.
- Manage and optimize website content.
- Other tasks as needed.
What you may have:
- Minimum of three years professional experience in journalism or content marketing
- Demonstrated track record of success writing and editing in previous role(s)
- Interest in paid and organic content distribution and syndication strategies
- Knowledgeable about web-based content management systems and best practices
- Able to manage multiple streams of work on parallel tracks
- Familiarity with MS Office, Google Suite, etc.
- Attention to detail + solid organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication
- Competitive tendencies balanced with respect for being a team player
- Self-motivated and able to work in a flexible, remote situation
- Calm under pressure, and comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Bonus points for previous experience with (or knowledge of) law firms, courts, and the legal system
- Bonus points for understanding the difference between showing and telling as it relates to marketing messages and demonstrations of value
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.
Founded in 2016, Lawyaw provides the market-leading solution for cloud-based legal document automation, which helps law firms save time, increase profitability, and reduce errors. The company is an alumnus of Y-Combinator (W18) and was acquired by Clio in 2021. It continues on a period of rapid growth thanks to increasing adoption of remote technologies since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic as well as strong product market fit and excellent customer satisfaction (NPS>50). www.lawyaw.com