We are currently seeking a new Senior Writer/Editor to join our Marketing team in Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exceptions may apply.
Who you are:
You’re an experienced writer and editor with expertise in marketing and written communication. More than anything, you love to spend your time working on copy—both writing your own content and editing the work of others around you. You’re also quick to understand what an audience is looking for and are always seeking out new opportunities to create engaging and informative content.
You’re able to quickly adopt Clio’s voice and tone in everything you write, while bringing your own style to evolve our brand in a human and authentic way. You’re also great at researching subject matter in-depth and will quickly develop a strong understanding of Clio’s mission and product offerings.
In this role, you will work within our award-winning Content and Communications team to produce high-quality writing across a broad portfolio of writing initiatives, while also helping to evolve and champion editorial standards across our growing team. You’ll be working with our team of content strategists and other internal stakeholders to execute high-quality content that helps the company engage and re-engage core audiences in the legal space.
We’re looking for someone who’s versatile in working on a broad range of written content that includes both long- and short-form content. This means you’ll be just as comfortable workingshopping ad copy and subject lines as you are composing articles, blog posts, research reports, and customer case studies.
We’re also looking for someone who is able to take on a strong editor role—from substantive editing to proofreading—who can also help update and maintain our internal style guide and champion these guidelines across our team. You’ll also be a resource for educating team members and other stakeholders on best practices, and to support the learning and development of our wider team.
A part of the role will also involve helping the team share and learn about the industry, our products, and content offerings. This could mean shaping the educational content that enables our internal teams to speak about new research and product developments, as well as more educational approaches to engaging prospects and other industry stakeholders.
What you’ll work on:
- Writing long-form content, including: customer case studies, blog posts, and articles for third-party publications, research reports
- Writing marketing copy for landing pages, emails, ads
- Reviewing copy from other members of the team to help ensure quality, error-free writing that aligns with our in-house style guidelines and overall brand and tone
- Evolving our in-house style guide to meet the needs of our growing organization
- Consulting with the team on editorial and style discussions as they emerge, and be a resource for other members of the Marketing department
- Developing learning resources of internal and external audiences that help establish shared knowledge and understanding of Clio’s core products and data insight
What we’re looking for:
- A strong portfolio showcasing a diverse range of writing experience
- A degree in Communications, Journalism, or English
- 5–8 years of professional writing and editing (either in-house or agency) experience, with at least one year of experience in a senior writer role
- High-degree of familiarity with marketing goals and objectives
- Proven ability to communicate in written and verbal form
- Superhuman attention to detail, and no fear of deadlines
- A strong drive to self-manage workloads and ability to organize projects with multiple stakeholders
- Relentless ability to seek new inspiration and breath life into new projects
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with B2B tech/SaaS or e-commerce
- Experience related to the legal industry
- Proven success at writing quality marketing copy with high conversion rates
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.