We are currently seeking a VP of Payments to join our senior leadership team. This role is available to candidates across the US.
Who you are:
As VP Payments, you will lead Clio’s efforts to deliver an industry-leading electronic payments experience for lawyers and their clients. Working closely with our CEO, COO, CFO and CTO, you will develop and execute Clio’s electronic payments strategy.
- A phenomenal business builder. Able to set an ambitious yet achievable strategy, drive clarity throughout the organization in support of that strategy, and lead a cross-functional team of direct and indirect resources to grow and scale an emerging growth area
- Comfort and acumen in dealing with fast-paced, highly ambiguous and rapidly evolving environment typical of early stage business formation
- Experience in strategy formulation, GTM execution, driving growth initiatives and partnering closely with marketing and product to drive overall rapid growth
- Exemplifying and sharing our values and culture, and working with the CEO, Executive Team, and broader leadership team to ensure a values consistent work environment;
- Experienced leader in all aspects of electronic payments, from credit card processing to ACH
- Strong knowledge of the payments stack and underlying economic fundamentals
- Track record of building and leading a successful payment operations teams
- Strong cross-functional and collaborative leadership skills
- Excellent communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate a vision and value proposition to the company, customers and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional analytical, strategic and critical thinking skills to drive Clio’s payments strategy.
- Experience scaling at a software company or business at a comparable stage to Clio
- Strong data orientation, with a deep understanding of SaaS- and payments-related metrics
- Deep knowledge payments security and compliance standards such as PCI-DSS
What you’ll work on:
- Develop, execute and own Clio’s payments strategy and associated revenue targets
- Work cross-functionally across Clio’s Product, Marketing, Sales, Support and Finance teams to bring Clio Payments offerings to market and drive rapid scaling and adoption
- Own and negotiate the commercials relating to Clio’s payments efforts
- Manage relationships with payments vendors and partners
- Drive international expansion strategy and operationalization of Clio’s payment offering
- Lead and scale a high-performing, customer-obsessed Payment Operations team
- Own, shape and build Clio’s broader financial services strategy
- Ensure Clio’s compliance with relevant security standards
What you may have:
- Deep experience building and scaling an electronic payments platform
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team across GTM, product and engineering, and operations consisting of both direct and indirect resources to achieve overall revenue plan and drive rapid growth of Clio payments
- Excellent ability to be very operationally focused while also developing and championing the longer term ambitious strategy and vision for the evolution of Clio payments
- 10+- years at a Software-as-Service company with integrated payments expertise
- Deep understanding / subject matter expertise in Payfac solutions, payment gateways and overall credit card transactions flows - including both traditional platforms and modern API platforms (e.g. Stripe Connect).
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.