We are currently seeking a Director, Strategic Planning to join our Business Operations team.
What your team does:
The Strategic Planning Team focuses on Strategy Design, Execution Planning, Monitoring, and Governing the Strategy.
The Strategic Planning Team team has a positive, gritty, and supportive culture. We look for curious people that build partnerships across the business, enjoy finding solutions to ambiguous challenges, and love influencing stakeholders towards a common goal -- especially while using their strong financial, critical thinking and communications skills to outline the road ahead! In our work together, we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and above all, collaborative.
What you’ll work on:
- Build, mentor, coach and grow an efficient strategic planning team that supports the business through strategic guidance, thought leadership, and analytical excellence.
- Help shape the strategic planning frameworks and processes used to create transformative growth.
- Help build and modify the business strategy for one of the leading high-growth vertical SaaS companies.
- Steer the planning and content development and review for our 18-month planning cadence, quarterly Board meetings, and other business plan-related presentations as may be required
- Work closely with FP&A, Corporate Development / M & A and the Senior Executive team to facilitate the development of Clio’s 18-month plan and to implement the right operational cadence and reporting to measure progress and ensure accountability to that plan (Operating Rhythm).
- Monitor and evaluate Clio’s business strategy and core KPIs and work to drive governance and accountability in partnership with other seniors leaders.
- Strategically evaluate new growth opportunities in partnership with the S-team and the Extended Leadership Team. Work with cross-functional partners to surface opportunities and threats, outline data-driven strategic decisions, and frame actionable strategic recommendations. Partner with cross-functional leaders to successfully implement recommendations and be jointly accountable for outcomes.
- Drive the strategy and execution plan to ensure we are operating as a high-performing organization.
What you may have:
- 8+ years of strategy and operations experience at a top-tier management consulting, fintech and/or growth stage software company.
- Exceptional facilitation and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment and ability to both influence and develop strong partnerships at all levels.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- High EQ, strong communicator who knows how to translate analysis into business insights, and communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly. Excellent communication skills, including business writing and presentations.
- Strong project management and change management skills.
- Capacity to operate with a strong sense of urgency while focusing on the details to strive for execution excellence.
- Solutions-oriented, with a track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability with implementing business processes and activity-based metrics including leading and lagging success indicators
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Strong domain expertise, including legal tech and/or payments.
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.