We are currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer (Streaming) to join our rapidly growing engineering team. This role offers an opportunity to make impact and work with state of the art technologies. This role is available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
Our data engineering team is driven to deliver an incredible experience to our customers. As a Data Engineer at Clio, you solve complex problems and use new technologies like Kafka, Debezium, and Spark to implement change.
A day in the life might look like:
- Deliver 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets through in-depth knowledge of Model and Design of DB schemas for read and write performance
- Implement data ingestion techniques (real time and batch) using best practices in data modelling, ETL/ELT processes by leveraging AWS technologies and big data tools
- Design, build, develop, and maintain data transformation pipelines consolidating various data sources (streaming or batch) into specific Data Lakes / Data Warehouses
- Collaborate with engineers to help adopt best practices in data system creation, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Develop prototype or "proof of concept" implementations of projects where the technical solution is unknown or unproven
What you may have:
- Experienced software development professional who has deep understanding of data engineering principles and experience leading data engineering projects
- Display proficiency in at least one major language (e.g. Python, Scala, Ruby) and SQL, as well as strive to write elegant and maintainable code, and feel comfortable picking up new technologies
- Hands on experience with cloud data analytics services (AWS is preferred)
- Experience with streaming and batch big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Airflow
- Experience working with dbt and Snowflake
- Advanced data warehousing experience working with Redshift or similar
- Experience building several data pipelines and the infrastructure required to deploy data models and dashboards that allow data visualization
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills and ability to derive clarity in ambiguous environments
- You are an advocate for the data trustworthiness and product excellence of the data platform you build
- You are a self-starter and can drive projects with minimum supervision
- You mentored junior developers and are invested in their growth
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.