We are currently seeking a new Senior Product Designer to join our Lawyaw Product Team. This role is also available to candidates across Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United States (some exceptions may apply).
What your team does:
Acquired by Clio in 2021, Lawyaw is a SaaS platform focused on enabling the digitization of legal services. Our platform solves a foundational gap in the market by making it easy to incorporate programmable documents into digital workflows. Lawyaw currently powers over 1,000 law firms and are growing quickly, but we have so much more to build!
As a Senior Product Designer you will be working across different product areas from integrations to core drafting experience, e-signatures, and more.
What you’ll work on:
- Lead design projects from beginning to end, from framing the problem to supporting engineers during implementation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build and maintain alignment.
- Partner with UX research to help the team better understand our customers and their needs.
- Partner with design peers and engineering to build and maintain a design system.
- Contribute new processes and ways of thinking to our evolving design team.
What you may have:
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience leading design projects.
- You have experience working autonomously and collaborating with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- You are a systems thinker who can balance user and business needs and translate them into coherent and cohesive systems with close collaboration with engineers.
- You understand how to evaluate the technical implications of your designs.
- You have a portfolio of work that demonstrates your product thinking, interaction design and visual design skills.
- You have experience working on design systems or component libraries.
- Fluency in Figma (design and prototyping).
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
Serious bonus points if:
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.
Founded in 2016, Lawyaw provides the market-leading solution for cloud-based legal document automation, which helps law firms save time, increase profitability, and reduce errors. The company is an alumnus of Y-Combinator (W18) and was acquired by Clio in 2021. It continues on a period of rapid growth thanks to increasing adoption of remote technologies since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic as well as strong product market fit and excellent customer satisfaction (NPS>50). www.lawyaw.com