We are currently seeking a Software Development Manager (Front End Infrastructure) to join our Engineering team. This is a remote position. When our offices reopen this role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exemptions may apply.
A day in the life might look like:
- Lead a small team that is responsible for developing and maintaining build systems and tooling for our front end infrastructure
- Working with your team on preparing architecture documents for an upcoming projects
- Facilitating 1:1 meetings with your direct reports to make sure they are supported in their career growth and development goals
- Working with the developers on your team to break down a project into deliverable chunks of work
- Reviewing code contributed by members from your team or other Clio developers reaching out to you for your experience with a given technology or pattern
- Giving great feedback on code reviews, architecture documents, and more to help support team members making great technical decisions for their projects
- Contributing to or even driving larger changes to processes and workflows within the development organization
- Communicating and coordinating with our systems engineering and product teams to share new changes rolling out as well as gather insights into what struggles they’re having that we can deliver code to help with
You may be a fit for this role if:
- Experience scaling front-end tooling and build systems for a complex web application
- Experience with modern web technologies like Angular, React, Hotwire, Vue, Webpack, Snowpack
- Demonstrated success in people leadership in software development, particularly with large scale SaaS products;
- Possess a diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- Able to describe successful projects you worked on, as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects; and
- Have a demonstrated ability or desire to learn how to hire the best and brightest engineers in a competitive job market—and to coach, develop, and retain engineering talent.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- A philosophy on what makes for great software development teams;
- Ideas on how to successfully scale and grow a development organization; and
- Have a background in hands-on software development using Ruby and Ruby on Rails, specifically with building web applications at scale.
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.