We are currently seeking a VP of Total Rewards to join our People team.
What your team does:
Clio’s People Team is on a mission to build and scale a company that is both human and high-performing. Our Total Rewards team members are the hearts and minds behind Clio’s world-class global compensation, benefit, and perquisite offerings. Their work helps us attract, retain, and grow some of the most incredible talent in the world to help fulfil our mission of transforming the legal experience, for all.
As VP of Total Rewards, you will be responsible for helping to develop our Compensation philosophy, our global Total Rewards programs and practices, and our Employee Value Proposition. You will be a key member of both Clio’s People Leadership and Extended Leadership teams, and will be challenged to contribute your industry-leading vision, strategy, and tactical expertise to help us build and scale our human and high-performing organization.
What you’ll work on:
- Defining a single, unified, and scalable vision and strategy for Total Rewards at Clio;
- Providing strategic direction to the Total Rewards function to effectively evaluate, design, propose, implement, and communicate compensation and benefits strategy, programs, policies, and initiatives that will enable Clio to attract, retain, and motivate top talent;
- Leading, mentoring, coaching, and developing our diverse team of benefits, recognition, and compensation specialists and analysts;
- Collaborating with Clio’s Chief People Officer, the People Leadership Team, Clio’s Executives, Finance/FP&A functions, and Clio’s team of People Business Partners to understand and address the unique needs of Clions around the world;
- Scanning the external market to understand trends and “next practices” in Total Rewards;
- Ensuring that Clio’s Total Rewards practices and reporting activities align with our internal Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Equity philosophy and strategy;
- Liaising with and creating materials for Compensation Committee meetings along with Clio’s CPO and CFO to drive annual recommendations for executive compensation, equity programs, and other analyses as requested by the Committee;
- Supporting merger and acquisition activities, including due diligence, evaluation, and integration of Total Rewards programs;
- Ensuring compensation, benefits plans, and payroll globally comply with laws and regulations;
- Collaborating with leaders across Clio to establish programs to ensure successful retention, succession planning, and advancement of future leaders;
- Educating the organization, particularly our people leaders, on topics related to Total Rewards;
- Leading the team through regular benchmarking cycles to analyze and assess market data, industry trends, and best practices to create market-competitive reward packages and identify potential opportunities and gaps;
- Leading the evolution of compensation and benefits programs from private to public company readiness;
- Owning all reporting and compliance-related activities related to Total Rewards for both private and public company needs.
What you may have:
- 7-10 years experience in the People function of a rapid-growth SaaS/tech company, with at least 3 years experience as a people leader in the Total Rewards space;
- Extensive knowledge of compensation practices, including experience in compensation, benefits, and global mobility program design, implementation, and on-going administration;
- Canada and/or US compensation committee experience;
- Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to exercise good judgement;
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment, with high ambiguity and competing priorities;
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to explain complex ideas in a simple, clear manner, to a wide variety of audiences (from individual contributors to our Board members);
- Experience leading teams and managing managers with a track record of high performance;
- Ability to operate autonomously or in close collaboration with other leaders, as needed;
- Advanced-level spreadsheet skills (Google Sheets or Excel);
- Hustle and humility. We prioritize our incredible culture, and want you to be a cultural champion!
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.