We are currently seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our Product team. This role is also available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
Design plays an integral role at Clio, making up one of the three pillars of our Product Organization alongside Product Management and Engineering. Product designers directly engage in researching the behaviours and needs of our users. They act as champions of user experience in our Product organization as we work to transform the way lawyers and their staff provide services to their clients. If you’re focused on shipping value to customers with an opportunity to revolutionize an industry, you’ve found your next team.
What you’ll work on:
- Partner with product management and engineering leads to define objectives and key results for your triad.
- Be responsible for balancing speed, quality, and consistency of design.
- Advocate for our customers by understanding their needs, nuances, and root causes of their problems. Concept, prototype, design and present solutions that solve both business and user problems and deliver measurable outcomes.
- Be able to articulate the rationale behind your design decisions, and be able to ask difficult questions and challenge assumptions.
- Coach and mentor fellow designers on a range of design practices.
- Provide thoughtful feedback in team critiques.
- Break down complex concepts into smaller, more manageable pieces.
- Conduct user research interviews, usability testing, and analysis.
- Leverage metrics to drive product design and measure product success.
- Be able to adapt your process to the needs of the situation
What you may have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- 6+ years experience in Product Design, UX Design, or related discipline. SaaS experience is a bonus.
- A track record of successfully shipping products, solving customer problems and moving company metrics.
- Deep understanding of good user experience, IA, and visual design.
- Experience with modern design tools (Figma) and the willingness to adopt new tools as needed.
- A strong understanding of web technologies.
- A design degree or relevant experience with platform and/or application design.
- Humility plus strong opinions that are loosely held.
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.