We are currently seeking a new Project Manager to join our Strategic Initiatives team in Burnaby or Toronto.
What your team does:
The Strategic Initiatives (SI) team includes Strategic Planning, Project Implementation, and Customer Insights functions that come together to lead the business through high impact, cross-functional initiatives aimed at growing and transforming the business. SI is involved in all aspects of a project cycle from the strategic vision, to research, managing execution and change, reporting, and long term success. We’re the gears that reliably keep projects running on time and keep the business growing.
Strategic Initiatives sits within our wider Business Operations department at Clio, which is focused on driving results for the company through strategic, operational, and data-driven improvements. Led by our Chief Operating Officer, Business Operations plays a key role in shaping Clio’s long-term strategy and solving complex questions and challenges, in partnership with executives and business leaders across the organization.
What you’ll work on:
- Working closely with project sponsors at the senior leadership level to develop project plans that align to the strategic vision and goals
- Facilitating needs assessment and task scoping with project leaders, and validating scoping assumptions to ensure that there are no gaps
- Meeting regularly with stakeholders to check on progress and status of project work, removing barriers, and enabling teams to complete project tasks on time
- Identifying dependencies and facilitating communication and collaboration across project streams
- Maintaining project tracking tools like Asana and GitHub
- Preparing weekly project status reports and escalating risks and gaps
- Designing best practice processes, procedures, and structures for communication, implementation, and monitoring
- Contributing towards the creation of project management and change management playbooks
- Developing standardized templates to simplify processes on cross-functional projects
Who you are:
First and foremost you are a person who seeks to build partnerships based on trust. You can work with people at all levels from junior to executive and you are able to meet people where they are. You are obsessed with bringing clarity to ambiguous situations and you are a problem solver who looks for common sense and human-centric solutions. You are able to see the big picture across a wide canvas of projects to identify dependencies, gaps, risks, and opportunities; and, as such, you are meticulously organized. And, you are a champion of human-centered change management who recognizes the importance of creating buy-in throughout the execution and implementation of any project.
What you may have:
- An undergraduate degree in an area that involves project management, business, research, or leadership.
- Project management certification, change management certification, and/or additional project management training
- 3 - 5 years experience working in project management or adjacent disciplines in a fast growing SaaS/tech company
- Experienced in conducting needs assessments, scoping project tasks and deliverables, and creating roadmaps and timelines/gantt charts
- Experienced change management leader
- Experience facilitating workshop groups and coaching individuals
Serious bonus points if you have:
- People management experience or if you have held any leadership roles
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.
Job ID: INDOTH