We are currently seeking a Software Development Manager to join our Engineering team in Dublin. This role can be performed from our Dublin office, remotely across Ireland, or a combination of both. Some exceptions may apply.
What your team does:
As a Software Development Manager at Clio you can expect a fast-paced role that offers many interesting challenges to solve. You will be a valued member of a collaborative team and the work you do will play a major role in transforming the practice of law for good.
Clio’s Dublin team drives our EMEA expansion and is home to product development, sales, marketing, and customer success. The team operates as a startup within a larger company, which means we experiment and blaze the trail for Clio in new markets around the world.
We are looking for someone who is interested in playing a critical role in a close-knit, supportive development team as we strive to become a market leader. This team is focused on shaping the future product roadmap for international markets. Working as part of this team affords you the opportunity to own projects from inception to deployment allowing you to become a subject matter expert.
A day in the life might look like:
- Collaborating with your triad to: understand the challenges our business faces, identify the most impactful opportunities, and craft a roadmap for the team;
- Working with your team on preparing architecture plans for upcoming projects;
- Working with the developers on your team to break down a project into deliverable chunks of work;
- Giving great feedback on code reviews, architecture documents, and more to help support team members making great technical decisions for their projects;
- Reviewing code contributed by members from your team or other Clio developers reaching out to you for your experience with a given technology or pattern.
- Having a 1:1 meeting with your direct reports to make sure they are supported in their career growth and development goals;
- Contributing to and driving larger changes to processes and workflows within your team or the broader development organization;
You may be a fit for this role if:
- Demonstrated success in people leadership in software development, particularly with large scale SaaS products;
- A background in hands-on software development;
- Diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- The ability to describe successful projects you worked on, as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects; and
- Demonstrated ability to hire the best and brightest engineers in a fast-paced job market—and to coach, develop, and retain engineering talent; You are equally energized by both your own technical work as well as contributing to the career growth of your team;
- You have strong opinions that are weakly held, and foster that same attitude in others;
- You believe in providing honest, actionable feedback to your team, and encourage your team to reciprocate;
- You devise roadmaps to guide your team, but aren't beholden to them -- you easily adapt to a constantly changing world.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- A philosophy on what makes for great software development teams;
- Experience with CRM products at scale; and
- Experience with Ruby on Rails.
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a Distributed by Design workplace, which means a workplace that is built around you. This means that Clio offers employees the opportunity to work from one of our offices or in a distributed manner across Ireland. At Clio, distributed working has been built into our culture from day one, with teams (and, at times, founders) distributed across provinces and time zones. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology and culture to ensure our team members are set up to succeed no matter where they live in Ireland. We want all team members to feel like they're able to do their best work here, and we're committed to supporting that whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, we believe you will have the chance to do the best work of your career. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to continuing to make a big impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
Here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark;
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you, with the support of your leaders;
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending;
- A pension matching program;
- Regular Zoom chats, virtual coffees and lunches with team activities;
- A monthly wellness stipend;
- A work from home stipend to optimize your remote workspace;
- Stock options.