We are currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled Fraud & Risk Analyst with a strong track record in Fraud and Risk Management, to join our Business Operations team.
What your team does
The Payment Operations team, led by the Director of Payment Operations, is a brand new department and quickly growing team at Clio. The team is responsible for underwriting, fraud detection and prevention, dispute resolution, processor settlement and monitoring, custom pricing, and payments service escalations.
Payment Operations sits within our wider COO organization at Clio, which is focused on driving results for the company through strategic, operational, and data-driven improvements.
What you’ll work on:
We are looking for a forward-thinker who can comfortably interpret quantitative and qualitative data to assist with the ongoing review and daily monitoring of the fraud and risk management of direct merchant relationships. Primary duties of the role include:
- Making time-sensitive decisions relating to merchant restrictions, requiring sound and independent judgment related to member impacts and potential loss.
- Conducting investigations on suspicious activity, including preparing investigative reports with findings and recommendations gathered from analysis.
- Using technology-based fraud monitoring/detection tools and reports to monitor/analyze account activity for potential fraud and illegal activity.
- Monitoring and helping report on fraud loss rates.
- Responding to Government demands for information.
- Analyzing disputes and making recommendations.
- Identifying, reporting, and/or resolving any deficiencies with AML or KYC/KYB standards.
- Working with payments partners to improve fraud detection.
- Identifying and recommending new technology and/or new processes to detect and prevent fraud.
What you may have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Criminology or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years risk or fraud experience, preferably within the payment card industry.
- Familiarity with risk-based transaction monitoring systems (Stripe Radar would be an asset).
- Ability to analyze data and discern trends.
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’, yet diligent with details.
- Good judgment and demonstrated sound decision-making skills, with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to adapt to change in a high-growth business environment.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong computer skills, with advanced skills in relevant data analysis tools.
- Strong experience with data query languages like SQL or similar.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- A proven track record in investigations and experience working within the financial services market both at the domestic and international level.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system. .
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.