We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst - Payment Operations to join our Business Operations team.
What your team does
The Payment Operations team, led by the Director of Payment Operations, is a brand new department and quickly growing team at Clio. The team is responsible for underwriting, fraud detection and prevention, dispute resolution, processor settlement and monitoring, custom pricing, and payments service escalations.
Payment Operations sits within our wider COO organization at Clio, which is focused on driving results for the company through strategic, operational, and data-driven improvements.
What you’ll work on:
This role will monitor and report on the financial activity of Clio Payments. Primarily, this role will ensure that Clio receives the revenue it is due, Clio merchants receive the revenue they are due, expenses related to payment processing are in line with expectations, and that financial anomalies are detected and reported. This role will also identify and monitor merchant profitability, including merchant negative balances. You will use the Stripe connect and/or Stripe Sigma platform to source financial data. Primary duties include:
- Analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on Clio Payments processing activity. This will include:
- Authorization, settlement, and reconciliation monitoring, tracking, and reporting.
- Gross-payments volume tracking and reporting.
- Declined payments volume tracking and reporting.
- Chargeback and refund tracking and reporting.
- Revenue tracking and reporting (Interchange and Assessments “I&A”).
- Expense tracking and reporting.
- Trust account settlement, reconciliation, and reporting.
- Preparing daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports.
- Merchant-level profitability analysis and reporting.
- Merchant negative balance analysis and reporting.
- Vendor/partner expense monitoring and reporting.
What you may have:
- 2+ years of experience in a payments environment, such as merchant acquirer, card issuer, payment facilitator, or SaaS provider in the payments space.
- A degree (or similar) in Finance or Accounting. Solid accounting knowledge is a hard requirement.
- Knowledge of both consumer (B2C) and commercial (B2B) payments.
- Familiarity with a variety of online payments methods, including debit cards, credit cards, ACH, and international payments.
- Learner’s Mindset - you are open to continual learning.
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Familiarity with data query languages, such as SQL or similar.
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Formal accounting/finance training (Credits and Debits are a “warm and comfortable” place).
- High attention to detail, excellent accuracy, and ability to work at speed.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Stripe connect and/or Sigma platform
- Completed any payments industry certifications
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system. .
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.