We are currently seeking a Compliance Analyst to join our rapidly growing Information Security team in Calgary. This role is for someone who is passionate about building innovative solutions and being exposed to new challenges and technologies while making an impact. This role is available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
The Security Team is responsible for the protection of Clio and Clio’s customers data and operations, within this team the Compliance team brings a strong understanding of privacy law and industry certifications. The goal of this team is to help enhance the technical security measures in place by quantifying Clio’s posture through audit and accreditation processes. This is not your traditional environment, we are taking a new approach that leverages automation and policy as code to provide artifacts demonstrating adherence to the various applicable regulations and certifications.
As a Compliance Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting Clio’s efforts to scale its compliance function from a technology and process perspective.
You will ensure compliance with all data protection rules and regulations across Clio and our markets while collaborating cross-functionally to mitigate compliance risk, supporting innovation, and instilling best practices.
A day in the life might look like:
- Ongoing auditing and reporting on the organization’s compliance
- Proactively researching to stay up to date with regulations and rules
- Implementing and documenting policies and procedures
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving compliance issues
- Communicating regulations to internal and external parties
- Communicating across stakeholders/departments to ensure alignment of goals
- Serving as a subject matter expert on compliance-related matters
- Assessing new vendors and contributing to the onboarding pipeline.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with appropriate parties
- Developing procedures and workflows to meet compliance requirements
- Contributing to any employee compliance training
What you may have:
- Superb analytical and research skills
- Ability to comprehend complex data sets
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Previous experience advising on data protection legislation, such as GDPR and PIPEDA
- Ability to execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to see inefficiencies and improve processes
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Strong attention to detail
Serious Bonus Points if you have:
- 3-5 years experience working in a compliance function
- Security certifications such as CIPP, CISA, or CISSP
- Experience with incident response
- Previous experience conducting internal assessments and coordinating external audits
- Previous experience with privacy tools, such as OneTrust and TrustArc
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.