We’re looking for a Business Development Representative to join our rapidly growing Sales team in Burnaby or Toronto.. This role is for someone who thrives in a rapid-growth and high-velocity environment.
This person is a dedicated professional eager to grow Clio’s customer base by consulting prospective clients on Clio's Suite offerings. Highly organized and agile, the ideal candidate will focus on new accounts spanning all segments from Velocity to Mid-Market while being confident, articulate, and sensitive to the prospects’ needs while developing relationships.
What your team does
Our Business Development Representative team is a critical part of the engine that drives interest in Clio's product offerings across our prospective customer base. They work with new customers to provide sound advice, offer solutions to complex problems using strong business acumen and resourcefulness. We create qualified sales opportunities for our Account Executive teams that directly impact Clio’s revenue growth.
What you’ll work on
- Cold-call into identified target accounts within an assigned segment;
- Working and collaborating directly with our Account Executives;
- Create awareness of, boost interest in, and set up demonstrations of Clio's product;
- Build an understanding of the assigned territory/segment, develop unique solutions to prospects and create leads;
- Develop Sales skills through regular training and review cycles;
- Consult and adapt to varying customer requirements;
- Understand customers' practice areas, competitive differentiators, technical requirements, and demonstrate Clio's value proposition.
What you may have
- 1-2 years of sales experience or transferable experience, including cold-calling;
- Knowledge and passion for technology and cloud-based products;
- A competitive mindset;
- A continuous improvement mindset.
Serious bonus points if you have
- Sales experience and training at a leading tech/IT company;
- Experience at a SaaS company.
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.