We are currently seeking a Underwriting & Risk Analyst to join our Business Operations team.
What your team does
The Payment Operations team, led by the Director of Payment Operations, is a brand new department and quickly growing team at Clio. The team is responsible for underwriting, fraud detection and prevention, dispute resolution, processor settlement and monitoring, custom pricing, and payments service escalations.
Payment Operations sits within our wider COO organization at Clio, which is focused on driving results for the company through strategic, operational, and data-driven improvements.
What you’ll work on:
- Verify new merchants applying to the Clio Payments platform, including manual verifications as required;
- Gather and interpret data from credit reports, tax returns, financial statements and other documentation;
- Conduct analysis to identify and report patterns or trends to prevent fraud or future losses;
- Engage with merchants to collect negative balances;;
- Work with high-volume merchants to offer and negotiate custom pricing as required;
- Manage and work with any high risk merchants applying to or using Clio Payments;
- Additional payment operations duties including supporting chargebacks, settlement and dispute resolution as required.
What you may have:
- 2+ years of experience in merchant underwriting and risk with a merchant processor/acquirer, payment facilitator, SaaS provider or fintech company;
- Understanding of know-your-customer (KYC) requirements, tools and best practices;
- Knowledge of both consumer (B2C) and commercial (B2B) payments;
- Familiar with a variety of online payments methods, including debit cards, credit cards, ACH and international payments;
- Experience working with Stripe’s Connect platform is a plus;
- Empathetic to the needs and challenges of our merchants;
- Decisive, yet open to continual learning;
- Comfortable interacting directly with our merchants and payment processing partners;
- Strong at time management, able to multitask and prioritize tasks appropriately;
- Familiar with data query languages, such as SQL or similar.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience working with Stripe Connect.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system. .
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.