We are currently seeking a Director of Social Purpose to join our People team.
What your team does:
Clio’s People Team is on a mission to build and scale a company that is both human and high-performing. This Social Purpose is a brand new function within our people team that will include Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE), Giving and Philanthropic Partnerships.
As Director of Social Purpose, you will be a key member of both Clio’s People Leadership and Extended Leadership teams, and will be challenged to contribute your industry-leading vision, strategy, and tactical expertise to help us build and scale our human and high-performing organization.
What you’ll work on:
- Exemplifying and sharing our values, and working with the CEO, Executive Team, and broader leadership team to ensure a values consistent work environment;
- Actively building community, belonging and connection among Clions, among our customers and among our partners;
- Leading our Social Purpose portfolio, including: Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE), Giving and Philanthropic Partnerships
- Assuming a permanent leadership role on our employee DIBE Council; leading council meetings and accountability to council objectives and deliverables; running council elections and partners with council members on key projects, programming and operational support (i.e. ERG support, Discussion Group facilitation etc)
- Providing leadership, mentorship, and consultation to leaders across the business on issues related to DIBE;
- Serving as our directly responsible individual for key DIBE, Social Purpose and Philanthropic partnerships with external organizations/individuals;
- Creating and executing on our Social Purpose strategy in partnership with our VP, Employee Success; generating annual OKR’s and quarterly roadmaps to measure success and is accountable to deliverables:
- Developing, implementing, and advising on Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity best and next practices, including annual OKR’s and the evolvement and progression of micro to macro learning opportunities for our employees in this space;
- Developing and implementing our Social Purpose strategy, including our Giving programs, strategic philanthropic partnerships and not-for-profit endeavours;
- Utilizing metrics and data insights to track and report on impact and goal development;
- Partnering with our Talent Acquisition team to ensure DIBE is reflected in our hiring strategy, practices and candidate experience;
- Partnering with our Learning & Development team to ensure DIBE/Social Purpose is reflected in our employee learning content;
- In partnership with Marketing, developing a strong employer brand and engaged community as it relates to Social Purpose;
- In partnership with Marketing, co-developing and implementing on our internal communications strategy as it relates to social purpose content;
- Developing and executing DIBE and Social Purpose programming for Clions and Clio customers;
- Is accountable for the rollout of our annual Diversity and Inclusion employee survey, reporting on insights and developing recommendations on company action to address insights.
What you may have:
- 5 years of minimum experience in leading diversity, inclusion & equity programming and initiatives, or an equivalent combination of lived experience, professional experience and/or education.
- Proven experience in overseeing the strategic development of a “Social Purpose” portfolio and programming; including diversity, equity and inclusion, corporate giving and philanthropic partnerships;
- Ability to influence and operate in a fast-paced organization within the tech industry.
- Demonstrated ability to lead with growth-mindset; an ability to be resilient, flexible and creative in approaching complex problems;
- Advanced skills in change management education and consultation; serves as a change agent that leads organizational change/evolution;
- Outstanding listening, collaboration and team building skills that facilitate coordination and cooperation with the demonstrated ability to lead with both courage and humility;
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skils;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders across all levels;
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with a variety of audiences internally and externally to the organization.
At Clio, we understand the experience comes in different ways. If your experience is close to what we are looking for, please consider applying.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Degree in diversity studies, corporate social responsibility, psychology, sociology, business administration, and/or organizational behavior, or equivalent;
- Proven experience in developing strategy directly linked to the Global Diversity Equity and Inclusion Benchmark (GDIB).
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to the principle of equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from. We are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included and valued.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system. .
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.