We are currently seeking a new Software Developer, Co-op to join our Engineering team. This role is also available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
We are Distributed by Design and have a digital-first approach to our mindset and our infrastructure. Learn more about how we’re evolving the way we collaborate here. For this co-op opportunity, you will work remotely and may have the option to join the team onsite in Burnaby, Calgary or Toronto once our offices have opened.
Applicants should be available for a 8 month co-op period from September 2021 to April 2022. We will be accepting applications throughout May, June and July
What your team does:
You will be working on a revolutionary SaaS product gaining experience with Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, React Native, native mobile development, MySQL, Redis, and ElasticSearch. You will be coached and mentored by some of the best developers in the business and working on some of the most challenging problems that a rapid growth venture-backed company can face.
What you’ll work on:
- Contributing software code to the Clio suite of products;
- Participating as a contributing member of a Clio development team, including:
- Scoping and planning future development work.
- Regularly reporting progress and blockers.
- Collaboration with other members of the development organization.
- Engaging in regular reviews of submitted work, and contributing to reviews of the work of others.
- Contributing to feature development and generating software fixes for customer issues.
- Engaging in team- and company-based initiatives and discussions;
- Participating in a rotating role of coordinating product support;
- Receiving and providing feedback on an ongoing basis;
- Learning and growing towards a career as a professional software developer.
What you may have:
- You’ve completed your second year coursework and are a 3rd or 4th year Computer Science/Engineering student;
- You are a rational and critical thinker who seeks solutions when you find problems;
- Excellent computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms; programming languages, SQL;
- Superb communication skills written, verbal, and spoken.
Serious bonus points if you:
- Bring new ideas to the table to help make our environment better;
- Be constantly experimenting and learning outside the school curriculum.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system. .
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.