We are currently seeking a Director of People Systems and Analytics to join our People team.
What your team does:
Clio’s People Team is on a mission to build and scale a company that is both human and high-performing. Our People Systems and Analytics teammates are the foundational architects and guardians of our HR tech stack, the masterminds behind our people processes, and the drivers of our people analytics engine. In a nutshell, their work enables Clions around the world to do the very best work of their careers.
As Director of People Systems and Analytics, you will be a key member of both Clio’s People Leadership and Extended Leadership teams, and will be challenged to contribute your industry-leading vision, strategy, and tactical expertise to help us build and scale our human and high-performing organization.
What you’ll work on:
- Shape a bold and innovative vision, strategic direction, and tactical roadmap for the People Systems and Analytics function at Clio;
- Work cross functionally with key business stakeholders and senior leadership to develop, lead and execute on key People Systems and Analytics processes and projects;
- Successfully implement our new HRIS (Workday) to help us scale to (and beyond) 1000 employees;
- Champion the pursuit of operational excellence at scale across all back-end systems, processes, and workflows associated with people systems at Clio;
- Design and implement an operational infrastructure that supports our leaders and People Business Partners in making strategic people decisions, hiring forecasts, and growth plans for the future;
- Lead the evolution of our people analytics capabilities (dashboards, reporting, metrics/KPIs, predictive models, testing, and validation) to enable better decision-making;
- Aggregate data and generate insights and reports for People department quarterly business reviews;
- Go beyond the numbers to extract key insights and stories from the data and communicate these insights and stories to key stakeholders across the business;
- Identify and maintain the appropriate workflows within our new HRIS to ensure that our data and reporting is accurate, relevant, useful and streamlined;
- Act as a subject matter expert for our People Business Partners, Talent Acquisition team, and hiring managers in conversations and decisions related to job evaluation and related people operations;
- Contribute to the implementation and iteration of Clio’s Talent System (including development, progression and strategies to ensure we are competitively attracting and retaining top talent);
- Represent People Operations on the People Leadership Team and, as needed, in front of the Clio Executive team and Board of Directors.
What you may have:
- 7-10 years experience in the People function of a rapid-growth tech company, including subject matter expertise in HR Systems and/or People Analytics;
- First-hand experience leading the change management efforts for complex HRIS/HCM implementations (bonus points if you’d consider yourself a Workday superuser);
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize/adapt quickly to changing priorities;
- Deep knowledge of best practices in People/HR analytics;
- Experience building dashboards that display complex metrics in a way that is understandable and actionable;
- Experience leading teams with a track record of high performance (bonus points if you have experience managing managers);
- Ability to operate autonomously or in close collaboration with other leaders, as needed;
- Advanced-level spreadsheet skills (Google Sheets or Excel);
- Hustle and humility. We prioritize our incredible culture, and want you to be a cultural champion!
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Good understanding of database concepts, including the ability to write SQL queries;
- Experience with Workday;
- Understanding of compensation philosophy, tools and frameworks is an asset.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.