We are currently seeking a new Research Writer, specialized in data analysis and business insights reporting, to join our Marketing team in Vancouver or Toronto. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exceptions may apply.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a Marketing Research Report Writer with extensive experience synthesizing statistical data analyses with both quantitative and qualitative research studies to identify interesting and surprising trends in Clio’s core market and wider consumer populations. You are well versed in dealing with data in many formats—especially key business metrics—and distilling insights into digestible content suitable for a wide range of audiences.
You love digging through raw data, news articles, and more to identify thematic narratives that can be intertwined into the Legal Trends Report, keynotes, media pitches, and so much more. You get fired up knowing that you can directly impact product adoption, Clio’s product roadmap, and influence industry conversation through your research.
You have a knack for manipulating figures to create charts and graphics that are easy to understand at a glance.
You have been known to quickly identify new questions and opportunities for further data explorations that will drive industry conversations.
You understand the power that words have to shape perception of an idea or product, and you champion a consistent brand voice and tone in everything you touch. You know what good writing looks like and have outstanding editing and proofreading skills.
Impact of your work:
We have been producing the Legal Trends Report for five years, and dove into an ongoing research study last year to better understand the impacts of COVID-19 on the legal profession. Our findings are now seen as foundational to building a successful legal practice and have been referenced in schools like Harvard and Stanford. Some of the unique ways our research shows up in the market include:
- Earning over 2,000 media hits in legal industry news sites and mainstream media publications that include Forbes and Bloomberg
- Being used by licencing and regulatory bodies to inform legal professional membership bases
- Being referenced within prestigious law programs to educate the next generation of legal professionals
- Being showcased at the Clio Cloud Conference, the largest legal technology event in North America
What you’ll work on:
- Reporting into the Content Strategy Manager (Core Segments), you will work directly with our Data Science and Customer Insights team to plan research initiatives for Clio’s groundbreaking Legal Trends Reports.
- Help identify the data insights that will ultimately shape a cohesive report for an audience of legal professionals, including private practice legal professionals, educators, media, bar associations, and other regulatory bodies.
- Make decisions on what graphic and chart formats are best suited to presenting data insights and prepare them for design.
- Write and edit copy for in-depth research reports, and work with our internal design team to deliver publication-quality assets for distribution.
- Develop quarterly and annual plans and goals for the marketing research program and report on progress against them.
- Work with internal stakeholders to create key messages briefings, promotional materials, and other ancillary content such as slide presentations, product information, media engagement, and other content for internal and external industry audiences.
- Conduct reviews of secondary research relevant to Clio’s primary audiences.
- Championing Clio’s editorial tone, style, and voice throughout all content, and ensuring brand consistency.
- Writing and editing as needed to support a variety of content goals.
What you might have:
- A degree in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field.
- 3-5 years of report-writing experience.
- Proven ability to communicate in written and verbal form.
- A solid understanding of data reporting best practices.
- The gift (or curse) of grammatical acumen. You’re tyrannical with your typing and could write a book on how to grammar-shame.
- Superhuman attention to detail, and no fear of deadlines. There will be many last minute, pressure-edits for you to embrace. You will be the first and last line of defence against typograph1cal errorz.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with B2B tech/SaaS
- Experience related to the legal industry
- A portfolio that showcases your ability to distill complex data into a digestible format.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.