We’re looking for a Tax Manager to join our Finance team. This role is for someone who is a strategic and analytical thinker that takes pride in the quality of their work. They are comfortable with ambiguity; can operate effectively with little direction and take initiatives to improve processes. Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while meeting strict deadlines. A quick learner and adaptable to a dynamic environment. Comfortable doing whatever it takes to get the job done. This role is available to candidates in Burnaby or Toronto.
What your team does:
Our Finance team is hyper-focused on becoming one of the most high performing teams in the world. That means we work hard, play for keeps, and dedicate ourselves to making sure #TeamMoney thrives as we scale. You will be joining a high performing and hard-working team that values having fun at work. We strive to meet our deadlines, but as with all accountants - we worship balance as well. Your position will be an integral part of the team.
We’re expanding quickly and are seeking a Tax Manager to support our global tax compliance. You’ll be working with a team that values excellence and initiative. We reward people who work hard, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about starting a career in Accounting & Finance and want to make an impact.
What you’ll work on:
- Leading Clio’s global indirect tax compliance with a particular focus on Canada, USA, the European Union, and the United Kingdom.
- Leading Clio’s global income tax compliance with a particular focus on Canada, USA, and Ireland.
- Leading process improvement and change management projects as the subject matter expert on the taxation requirements through the implementation, communication and training for internal stakeholders.
- Managing the company’s Scientific Research & Experimental Development tax credit application process, including liaising with external advisors and internal engineering teams.
- Being the single point of contact for all external tax advisors, government auditors, and financial auditors in relation to taxation matters.
- Designing and maintaining Clio’s global transfer pricing regime.
- Advising the business on the tax implications of strategic and operational business decisions.
- Designing and leading Clio’s global indirect tax recovery initiatives.
- Preparing documentation and memos in support of Clio’s tax positions and amounts filed.
- Managing the reconciliation of general ledger accounts and journal entries related to taxes, as well as the preparation of financial statement tax notes under US GAAP.
- Designing and maintaining internal controls over the income and indirect tax processes.
What you may have:
- Completed the CPA Canada In Depth Tax Program
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA)
- 5+ years of income and indirect tax experience in both industry and tax advisory positions, leading the tax function, and implementing and using automated tax systems and best practices.
- Analytical and critical thinking with the ability to see the big picture while demonstrating strong attention to the underlying detail.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.