We are currently seeking a new Corporate Communications Manager to join our Marketing team in Burnaby, Calgary or Toronto. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exceptions may apply.
You know how to craft a pitch that drives back to business goals and you thrive both strategizing and executing communications, PR and social programs to get us noticed and drive results. You are excited about rethinking what public relations could look like and are prepared to recommend unique and different approaches to earned coverage, events, and social media to make Clio standout. You also thrive in a ‘high stakes’ environment and when a tough decision needs to be made, people can come to you for sage advice or input into a decision.
You will work under the Director of Content and Communications and lead the Corporate Communications subteam which currently includes a PR and Social Media Specialist, but like all teams at Clio, is expected to grow.
Under your leadership, you will oversee and plan our earned media, organic social media, paid bylines and advertorials, and activations globally, with a major focus in Canada, the United States, Ireland, and the UK. These plans should also be forward-reaching, as far out as two years.
Your focus will be to:
- Tell the world why Clio is a great company to work for
- Engage the legal community and champion our mission, our work, and our growth
- Establish Clio as the tech company to watch, in the general news, tech, and business media.
We’re always up to something, whether it’s a cool event, breaking a record, or making history, we love to invest in sharing our stories, our news and our celebrations. Here’s a few things we’ve done lately:
- Announced a new mission,
- Launched a $1M Relief Fund to support the legal community through the pandemic,
- Secured a US$110M Series E funding round, taking us to unicorn status,
- Hosted the best legal technology conference in the business (Oh, and did we mention we took it virtual for the first time to pretty stellar reviews?)
- And...we’re named the Gold Standard in Canada’s Best Managed Companies...just to name a few.
Who you are:
- Strategic, passionate, and ambitious communications leader who loves results and takes great pride in supporting our larger mission.
- Data-driven storyteller; you know what it takes to hook a story and are ready to do the research and packaging of materials including briefing documents, press releases, media alerts, pitches, communications plans, speaking proposals, and media lists.
- Clear communicator and strong editor; you can be relied on to catch the smallest typo even under pressure.
- Detail-oriented and can look at activities from both the thousand-foot view as well as the microscopic.
- Experienced problem solver; you are able to work with a variety of departments to ask the right questions, identify possible outcomes, and determine the best communications path forward in times of uncertainty, ambiguity, or crisis.
- An advocate of tailored communications; you know journalists are more likely to cover a story if you have done the legwork and research to help show the impact. You also know the importance of targeted media outreach.
- A team player who will help our PR and Social Media Specialist coordinate media briefings, provide media training, and manage interviews and speaking engagements.
- An excellent networker; you know how to build meaningful and lasting relationships with all types of stakeholders.
- Able to excel in fast-paced work environments and juggle multiple deadlines.
- A passionate leader who is ready to help your team grow and develop.
- Obsessed with results invested in helping Clio win.
What you will work on:
- Come up with creative PR campaigns that will garner us coverage in top tier media across North America, Ireland and the UK.
- Reimagine how press materials can be packaged and delivered to meet the needs of journalists and make Clio stand out.
- Working with the executive team to increase their social presence and identify industry conversations they can own.
- Strengthen Clio’s brand recognition and presence in the tech and legal sector.
- Bring life and personality into our organic social media presence.
- Lead important industry conversations and report on Clio’s influence in the market.
- Tell everyone about our award-winning corporate culture, and find ways to engage with prospective talent.
- Make the Clio Cloud Conference the most talked about conference in the legal and technology spaces.
What you must have:
- 8-10 years of experience in public relations or corporate communications
- 1-2 years in people management
- PR agency experience
Serious bonus points if you have experience in:
- SaaS/tech sectors
- Acquisitions and IPOs
- Vendor/agency management
If you are a gifted storyteller who is accountable for their goals and known for flawless writing skills, strong execution, and a positive attitude, you will thrive at Clio.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.