We are currently seeking a Manager of Data Engineering to lead our new Data Engineering team. This role is for someone who is passionate about building innovative solutions and being exposed to new challenges and technologies while making an impact. This role is available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
As a Manager of Data Engineering you and your team will build our data pipelines, transforms, and collaborate with our Data Scientists to create data models that suit their needs. The ultimate deliverable of the team will be a data warehouse that our Data Scientists will use to author annual Legal Trends Reports and help guide business decision-making This is a new team at Clio and one we plan to invest in heavily over the coming years. We’re looking for an experienced data engineer who wants to help us build solid foundations in this space. This role will work closely with our data science, systems engineering, and security teams. This role offers the opportunity to scale out a team of engineers. A demonstrated interest or previous experience managing a team is an advantage.
What you’ll work on:
- Lead the architectural design, development, validation, and delivery of large-scale data pipelines and ETL workflows.
- Work on large-scale data extraction, processing, transformations, and modelling to enable data science efforts.
- Maintain and expand a secure, scalable and performant data infrastructure.
- Drive understanding and buy-in of the resulting data warehouse amongst all stakeholders at all levels across Clio.
- Lead code reviews, architecture planning sessions, implementation, and technical documentation.
- Hire, retain and grow Clio’s data engineering technical talent into a Human and High Performing team.
What you may have:
- 5+ years experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining large-scale data pipelines and ETL workflows
- 5+ years of experience in data warehousing and large-scale computing
- Expertise working with cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, etc)
- Experience working with stream processing solutions such as Spark
- Experience with data warehousing tools such as Redshift, BigQuery, Kafka, and Athena
- Experience with repeatable deployment strategies (eg: infrastructure as code)
- Understanding of the design and implementation of distributed systems
- Proficiency with Python or Ruby
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience with machine learning and data analytics
- Prior experience with dashboarding tools such as Tableau, Mode, and Looker
- Prior experience with AWS Glue, EMR, MySQL
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.