We are currently seeking a Director of Engineering to join our growing Engineering team. This role is available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
As a director at Clio you will partner closely with our VP of Engineering, other directors and your team at Clio. You will be responsible for growing and developing teams of managers and developers.
You will be responsible for the Client Experience portfolio. Who’s mission is to help create Lawyer interactions that are Client Centered. Some of the products in this area include our Clio For Clients mobile application.
This collection of products and features aims to revolutionize the legal industry by helping lawyers deliver client-centric experiences that improve the accessibility of legal services, elevates the experiences of clients dealing with a legal issue, and ultimately transforms the practice of law. This is a rapidly growing portfolio that we believe will be a key driver in Clio’s growth over the next decade.
What you’ll work on:
- Work closely with our Product Leadership team to set the technical direction for your portfolio.
- You’re not expected to code everyday, but you’re an experienced programmer. You enjoy helping teams solve technical problems. When needed, you roll up your sleeves and help.
- Partner with leadership in Product Management and Product Design to envision, develop, and execute on our product roadmap;
- Build, grow, and support a Product organization;
- Contribute to, and build a deep understanding, of the code base and the needs of our customers;
- Maintain and foster a collaborative environment that highlights team prioritization, removing roadblocks, and sharing unique and creative solutions.
What you may have:
- 5+ years of leadership in software engineering, particularly using an Agile process and with large-scale SaaS products;
- 5+ years as a software developer;
- A philosophy on what makes for great software engineer teams;
- A demonstrated success in people leadership in software engineering;
- A background in hands-on software engineering, specifically with building web/mobile applications at scale;
- A diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- A demonstrated ability to hire the best and brightest engineers in a competitive job market—and to coach, develop, and retain engineering talent;
- A portfolio of successful projects (as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects).
Bonus points if you have:
- A strong network of A players to support our recruiting and people development efforts;
- A deep understanding of, and experience with, Ruby on Rails, modern JS frameworks, and/or native mobile engineering;
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.