We are currently seeking a new Corporate Development Manager to join our Corporate Development team in Burnaby or Toronto. This role is also available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
Clio’s Corporate Development team works with the company’s leadership and executive teams to bring world-class companies, technology, and talent into the company through acquisitions. The team is responsible for sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and executing impactful acquisitions that accelerate Clio’s mission to transform the legal experience for all. This individual will be an integral member of the team and support all stages of the evaluation and acquisition process. The role reports to the VP, Corporate Development, is full-time, and is remote (preference towards ET or PT timezones).
What you’ll work on:
- Work closely with senior executives and product leads to develop strategies and identify acquisition opportunities that accelerate Clio’s mission.
- Building context for M&A transactions through deep understanding of Clio’s product roadmap
- Meeting with startups, evaluating new products & technologies, and mapping ecosystems.
- Play a key role in building and maintaining the overall corp dev deal pipeline, including outreach to and sourcing of new opportunities.
- Conduct rigorous analysis including valuation and business case modeling to provide detailed guidance and insight into potential acquisitions, investments, deal structures and other strategic opportunities.
- Support deal negotiation, due diligence and integration efforts for acquisitions, including cross-functional coordination of product, engineering, legal, and other diligence and integration supporting teams to evaluate targets.
What you may have:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, including venture capital, private equity, strategy consulting, investment banking or corporate development experience
- Exceptional strategic, analytical, communication, leadership and problem-solving skills, with ability to operate at all organization levels
- An ability to drive projects cross-functionally, synthesize feedback, develop consensus and create structure in an unstructured environment.
- Experience building and reviewing financial models
- A research driven mindset that’s anchored in curiosity and balanced with excellent analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; able to work with all stakeholders at leadership and executive levels
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience working at an Internet, and/or SaaS company
- Worked with startups through Series A or Series B funding
- Experience driving projects forward by collaborating with internal stakeholders, developing recommendations & output materials and presenting key deliverables
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.