We are currently seeking a new Content Strategist, specialized in offsite channel conversion and ad copy, to join our Marketing team in Vancouver or Toronto. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exceptions may apply.
What your team does:
Join our growing Core Segments subteam within the award-winning Content and Communications team. In this role, you will work within cross-functional teams, and in tight partnership with the Demand Gen team, to develop and execute our CRO and ad campaign strategies, with the goal of converting leads into qualified marketing opportunities. You’ll also work closely with our on-page conversion specialist to ensure our external marketing strategies align closely with conversion content on www.clio.com.
Working alongside the other two sub-teams (SEO Content and Corporate Communications) you will be part of the wider Content and Communications team, which handles some of the most impactful and exciting projects at Clio, including the launch of CEO Jack Newton’s first book, the creation of our award-winning and extensively cited Legal Trends Report, and the management of our industry-leading blog that’s read by thousands of legal professionals each month. You’ll be part of a team that values excellence and initiative, loves testing, and cares about results—this team received Clio’s 2020 Team of the Year award for incredible performance and teamwork.
Your work will have an immediate and meaningful impact, and you will be supported along your career journey to take chances and grow into the professional you want to be.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a Content Strategist with extensive experience in executing conversion copy across a variety of ad platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, and other partnership opportunities. You are well-versed in identifying key marketing goals and are quick to begin developing cohesive conversion strategies across multiple touchpoints for multi-channel marketing campaigns.
You’ll develop a deep understanding of our core market, identifying key pain points to use in capturing attention, and how to connect audiences to the right solution. You are keen to iterate copy ideas to kick-off creative soundboarding and to test with audiences.
You understand the power that words have to shape perception of an idea or product, and you champion a consistent brand voice and tone in everything you touch. You know what good writing looks like and have outstanding editing and proofreading skills.
You care about results, and you want others to care, too. This means digging into the data driving an initiative, following up on performance post launch, and looking for opportunities to identify learnings or to apply to your future campaigns and those of others.
What you’ll work on:
- Reporting into the Content Strategy Manager (Core Segments), you will work directly with cross-functional teams to lead conversion copy design across Clio’s many ad initiatives.
- Writing, editing, and proofreading copy to deliver copy that is hyper-focused on conversion.
- Identifying conversion strategies for marketing materials based on target CTAs and audience funnel stage.
- Experimenting with and applying the many different conversion copywriting theories in your toolkit.
- Incorporating Clio’s key messages into copy to ensure a cohesive narrative across multiple channels.
- Collaborating with the Marketing Team to determine conceptual themes for print and online initiatives.
- Working closely with Product Marketing to ensure copy about our offerings and updates are clear and effective.
- Championing Clio’s editorial tone, style, and voice throughout all content, and ensuring brand consistency.
- Actively participating in content brainstorming sessions.
- Writing and editing as needed to support a variety of content goals.
What you may have:
- A degree in Communications, Journalism, or English.
- 3-5 years of copywriting (either in-house or agency) experience.
- Proven ability to communicate in written and verbal form.
- A solid understanding of conversion copywriting best practices across multiple ad platforms (ie. Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google, etc.).
- The gift (or curse) of grammatical acumen. You’re tyrannical with your typing and could write a book on how to grammar-shame.
- Superhuman attention to detail, and no fear of deadlines. There will be many last minute, pressure-edits for you to embrace. You will be the first and last line of defence against typograph1cal errorz.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with B2B tech/SaaS or e-commerce
- Experience related to the legal industry
- A portfolio that showcases your range and use of multiple brand voices and tones.
- Proven success at writing quality marketing copy with high conversion rates.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.