We are currently seeking a Director of Payment Operations to join our Business Operations Department in Burnaby, Calgary or Toronto.
Reporting to our COO, this Director of Payment Operations will be responsible for launching and managing Clio’s new and growing Payment Operations team.
What your team does:
Our BizOps team, led by our Chief Operations Officer, is responsible for providing data insights on all aspects of our business practices. They use data to identify opportunities for process improvement and challenge us to a different thinking level. In 2017, this team was recognized as Team of the Year by BC Tech Association at the Technology Impact Awards. We are looking for a Director of Payment Operations that will continue to raise the bar and tackle the great initiatives ahead for this team!
What you’ll work on:
- Launch and manage Clio’s new and growing Payment Operations team which will include credit analysts, dedicated support specialists, sales analysts and additional roles as we grow.
- Build and execute on Clio’s customer verification and credit risk strategies for both adding new merchants and monitoring/transitioning existing ones.
- Build and execute on sales pricing strategy for new merchants, including negotiating custom rates for larger customers.
- Build and execute on Clio’s dispute resolution and treasury strategies related to payment operations, including settlement, reconciliation and transaction disputes.
- Use an array of tools and working closely with our InfoSec team, build and deliver Clio’s fraud detection and prevention strategies.
- Work closely with our InfoSec team to develop, deploy and maintain compliance and related company-wide SOPs from a payments perspective.
- Perform payments-specific business analysis to inform both our risk management and go-to-market strategies.
What you may have:
- 7+ years of experience on the underwriting or risk management team of a payment services provider, acquirer, or payment facilitator.
- 7+ years experience in finance, banking, treasury or a commensurate field.
- 5+ years of experience of people management and leadership.
- Experience and passion for delivering an excellent merchant experience, ensuring a high level of service to both internal stakeholders and external customers.
- The ability to roll up your sleeves and tackle Payment Operations work directly, while also being a skilled leader and team-builder who will launch and aggressively grow our payment operations team.
- Deep understanding / subject matter expertise in Payfac solutions, payment gateways and overall credit card transactions flows - including both traditional platforms and modern API platforms (e.g. Stripe Connect).
- An agile builder and problem solver mindset - we are new to Payment Operations and will be building this aggressively. This is not for someone who wants to optimize or maintain an established function.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate working experience in Finance, Business or Accounting.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in data or business analysis.
- Experience in sales and negotiation, particularly for payments
- Experience partnering with acquiring banks and credit card companies.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system. .
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.