We are currently seeking a People Business Partner to join our People team in Dublin. This role can be performed from our Dublin office, or a combination of both office and remote. Some exceptions may apply.
What your team does:
Our People team is at the heart and soul of Clio’s culture. We are the champions of the Clio experience in our new distributed world and each of our offices (in Dublin, Burnaby, Toronto, and Calgary), stewards of our Clio Values, and the glue that will keep #TeamClio strong as we scale beyond 570 employees. We value excellence, transparency, and initiative, and we offer a culture and environment that Clions rave about (see for yourself on Glassdoor).
Clio’s Dublin team drives our EMEA expansion and is home to product development, sales, marketing, and customer success. The team operates as a startup within a larger company, which means we experiment and blaze the trail for Clio in new markets around the world.
Who you are:
In partnership with Clio’s North American based People team, you will champion Clio’s Human & High Performing Culture in our EMEA office, based in Dublin. This is an exciting new opportunity as Clio’s first people team role for EMEA, and a chance to help build out a function from ground zero. Our ideal candidate is an energetic people-person who thrives in a rapid-growth, high-velocity environment and embodies Clio’s values. You are extremely detail-oriented, a creative thinker, a strong communicator, and a proactive problem solver. You will be passionate about creating and cultivating a world-class workplace experience in which Clio employees can do the best work of their careers.
A day in the life might look like:
- Work closely with our People Business Partnership, Talent Acquisition, Employee Experience and Dublin leadership teams to provide a seamless and world-class employee journey.
- Helping to build and scale a human and high-performing business through championing and role-modeling Clio’s Values in our Dublin office.
- Serve as front-line contact and support to managers on performance development, feedback, and general HR queries.
- Identify and handle employee relations issues quickly and sensitively, exercising good judgment and discretion, partnering with Sr. People Business Partners and Managers as appropriate.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of broader people programs in EMEA and processes such as Onboarding, Performance Development, Talent Planning, Leadership Development, and more.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of EMEA employment legal requirements and ensure regulatory compliance. Partner with legal counsel as needed/required.
- Local point of contact and support for all matters relating to facilities management (reception, front desk, food and beverage ordering) and other office perks and programs.
- Support EMEA Talent Acquisition efforts through boots on the ground initiatives (events, candidate sourcing, interview experience onsite)
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- 2-4 years of relevant human resources experience (including supporting and partnering with leaders). At least 1-2 years experience as a People Business Partner is preferred.
- High energy, and build thoughtful HR partnerships where you can work at a detailed tactical level but also see the big picture.
- Strong knowledge of Irish Employment Law.
- The ability to thrive in a rapidly-changing, fast-moving environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style.
- A passion for supporting people on their journey to being happy, healthy, and high-performing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail and organization.
- The ability to successfully strike the right balance of being an advisor to the business but also an advocate for employees; managing through ambiguity and competing priorities.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices.
In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time ($250M), and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
Here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark;
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you, with the support of your leaders;
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending;
- A pension matching program;
- Regular Zoom chats, virtual coffees and lunches with team activities;
- A monthly wellness stipend;
- A work from home stipend to optimize your remote workspace;
- Stock options.