We are currently seeking a new Content Specialist to join our Marketing team in Toronto or Burnaby.
This role is available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
Join our growing SEO Content subteam within the award-winning Content and Communications team. In this role, you will support the Clio blog and execute our backlinks strategy, with the goal of maintaining and improving our position and authority in search engine results pages.
Working alongside the other two sub-teams (Core Segments and Corporate Communications) you will be part of the wider Content and Communications team, which handles some of the most impactful and exciting projects at Clio, including the launch of CEO Jack Newton’s first book, the creation of our award-winning and extensively cited Legal Trends Report, and the management of our industry-leading blog that’s read by thousands of legal professionals each month. You’ll be part of a team that values excellence and initiative, loves testing, and cares about results—this team received Clio’s 2020 Team of the Year award for incredible performance and teamwork.
Your work will have an immediate and meaningful impact, and you will be supported along your career journey to take chances and grow into the professional you want to be.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a talented SEO content specialist who is passionate about crafting copy that is engaging and relevant to our audience, and optimized for search. You have a solid understanding of SEO best practices, as well as an understanding of the marketing funnel, and how to craft copy that answers the questions that our audience is asking Google, and that speaks to readers at the different stages of their buying journey.
You also understand the importance of high-value, authoritative backlinks, and are comfortable building and maintaining relationships with other websites and publications to syndicate content, write guest posts, coordinate blog swaps and more, all with an eye on capturing those all-important links from valuable websites with high domain authority.
You prioritize impact over perfection, but you know what good writing looks like and have outstanding editing and proofreading skills that let you capture our style and tone while ensuring our content, while keyword-optimized, sounds natural and authoritative. You have a curious mind, and want to see how your day-to-day tasks result in improvements in search rankings, traffic, MQLs delivered and revenue growth.
What you'll work on:
- Reporting into the Content Strategy Manager (SEO), you will work directly with our Content Strategists who manage Clio's industry-leading blog and are responsible for Clio’s SEO health.
- Writing, editing, and proofreading copy to deliver exceptional SEO-driven content for the Clio blog, and supporting additional Clio content initiatives including landing pages, whitepapers, guides, sponsored content and more.
- Executing Clio’s backlinks strategy, including outreach to (and managing relationships with) other industry publications/websites; arranging and executing blog swaps; coordinating guest blog posts; and identifying/following up on backlink opportunities.
- Writing innovative and captivating messaging for a variety of audiences, regions, and mediums.
- Incorporating Clio’s key messages into copy to ensure a cohesive narrative across multiple channels.
- Collaborating with the Marketing Team to determine conceptual themes for print and online initiatives.
- Working closely with Product Marketing to ensure copy about our offerings and updates are clear and effective.
- Championing Clio’s editorial tone, style, and voice throughout all content, and ensuring brand consistency.
- Actively participating in content brainstorming sessions.
- Writing and editing as needed to support a variety of content goals.
What you may have:
- A degree in Communications, Journalism, or English.
- 1-2 years of copywriting (either in-house or agency) experience.
- Proven ability to communicate in written and verbal form.
- A solid understanding of SEO best practices, including what makes backlinks valuable.
- The gift (or curse) of grammatical acumen. You’re tyrannical with your typing and could write a book on how to grammar-shame.
- Superhuman attention to detail, and no fear of deadlines. There will be many last minute, pressure-edits for you to embrace. You will be the first and last line of defence against typograph1cal errorz.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with B2B tech/SaaS
- Experience related to the legal industry
- A portfolio that showcases your range and use of multiple brand voices and tones.
- Proven success at generating high-quality backlinks to existing content/websites.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system. .
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.