We’re looking for a Development Manager to join to join our Mobile development team. This role is for someone who is passionate about building innovative solutions and being exposed to new challenges and technologies while making an impact. This role is available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
The Mobile team at Clio is focused on delivering reliable and scalable mobile products that enable our customers to do their best work no matter where they are. We have also recently released a client-facing mobile app extending our reach beyond law firms, and further compounding the incredible impact Clio is having in the legal industry.
We care about creating an accessible codebase where all our development teams at Clio can contribute to our mobile products at scale while maintaining the high quality product that our customers demand.
What you’ll work on:
- Merging and deploying a pull request that you opened earlier and got reviewed;
- Working with your team on preparing an architecture document for an upcoming project;
- Having a 1:1 meeting with your direct reports to make sure they are supported in their career growth and development goals;
- Working with the developers on your team to break down a project into deliverable chunks of work;
- Reviewing code contributed by members from your team or other Clio developers reaching out to you for your experience with a given technology or pattern;
- Giving great feedback on code reviews, architecture documents, and more to help support team members making great technical decisions for your team projects;
- Contributing to or even driving larger changes to processes and workflows within your team or the broader development organization;
- Communicating and coordinating with our systems engineering and product teams to share new changes rolling out as well as gather insights into what struggles they’re having that we can deliver code to help with
What you may have:
- Have a background in hands-on software development using native or cross-platform mobile frameworks, specifically with building mobile applications at scale;
- Have demonstrated success in people leadership in software development, particularly with large scale SaaS products;
- Possess a diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- Are curious and have a drive to explore different approaches when solving problems;
- Are able to describe successful projects you worked on, as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects; and
- Have a demonstrated ability or desire to learn how to hire the best and brightest engineers in a competitive job market—and to coach, develop, and retain engineering talent.
Don’t have all of those? The most important part of this job is that you approach new challenges with curiosity and a drive to apply what you learn to fixing root causes, not just symptoms. Deep curiosity and a desire to learn will help you succeed in this job, combined with a drive to help others by shipping code.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- A philosophy on what makes for great software development teams;
- Ideas on how to successfully scale and grow a development organization; and
- Experience with large Rails applications, database optimization and performance, automating developer tasks and best practices, and/or building developer-facing tools.
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.