We are currently seeking a Director of Engineering to join our Engineering team. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exceptions may apply.
What your team does:
As a director at Clio you will partner closely with our VP of Engineering, other directors and your team at Clio. You will be responsible for growing and developing teams of managers and developers.
You will be responsible for the Client Experience portfolio. Who’s mission is to help create Lawyer interactions that are Client Centered. Some of the products in this area include our Clio For Clients mobile application.
This collection of products and features aims to revolutionize the legal industry by helping lawyers deliver client-centric experiences that improve the accessibility of legal services, elevates the experiences of clients dealing with a legal issue, and ultimately transforms the practice of law. This is a rapidly growing portfolio that we believe will be a key driver in Clio’s growth over the next decade.
A day in the life might look like:
- Work closely with our Product Leadership team to set the technical direction for your portfolio.
- You’re not expected to code everyday, but you’re an experienced programmer. You enjoy helping teams solve technical problems. When needed, you roll up your sleeves and help.
- Partner with leadership in Product Management and Product Design to envision, develop, and execute on our product roadmap;
- Build, grow, and support a Product organization;
- Contribute to, and build a deep understanding, of the code base and the needs of our customers;
- Maintain and foster a collaborative environment that highlights team prioritization, removing roadblocks, and sharing unique and creative solutions.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- 5+ years of leadership in software engineering, particularly using an Agile process and with large-scale SaaS products;
- 5+ years as a software developer;
- A philosophy on what makes for great software engineer teams;
- A demonstrated success in people leadership in software engineering;
- A background in hands-on software engineering, specifically with building web/mobile applications at scale;
- A diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- A demonstrated ability to hire the best and brightest engineers in a competitive job market—and to coach, develop, and retain engineering talent;
- A portfolio of successful projects (as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects).
Bonus points if you have:
- A strong network of A players to support our recruiting and people development efforts;
- A deep understanding of, and experience with, Ruby on Rails, modern JS frameworks, and/or native mobile engineering;
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers