We are currently seeking a Compliance Analyst to join our Information Security team. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exemptions may apply.
What your team does:
The Security Team is responsible for the protection of Clio and Clio’s customers data and operations, within this team the Compliance team brings a strong understanding of privacy law and industry certifications. The goal of this team is to help enhance the technical security measures in place by quantifying Clio’s posture through audit and accreditation processes. This is not your traditional environment, we are taking a new approach that leverages automation and policy as code to provide artifacts demonstrating adherence to the various applicable regulations and certifications.
As a Compliance Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting Clio’s efforts to scale its compliance function from a technology and process perspective.
You will ensure compliance with all data protection rules and regulations across Clio and our markets while collaborating cross-functionally to mitigate compliance risk, supporting innovation, and instilling best practices.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Ongoing auditing and reporting on the organization’s compliance
- Proactively researching to stay up to date with regulations and rules
- Implementing and documenting policies and procedures
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving compliance issues
- Communicating regulations to internal and external parties
- Communicating across stakeholders/departments to ensure alignment of goals
- Serving as a subject matter expert on compliance-related matters
- Developing and maintaining relationships with appropriate parties
- Developing procedures and workflows to meet compliance requirements
- Contributing to any employee compliance training
- Superb analytical and research skills
- Ability to comprehend complex data sets
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Strong attention to detail
Serious Bonus Points if you have
- 3-5 years experience working in a compliance function
- Security certifications such as CIPP, CISA, or CISSP
- Experience with incident response
- Previous experience advising on data protection legislation, such as GDPR and PIPEDA
- Previous experience conducting internal assessments and coordinating external audits
- Previous experience with privacy tools, such as OneTrust and TrustArc
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).