Clio is changing the way lawyers manage their practice and we’re seeking a Product Designer to join our growing team. This is a remote position. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exceptions may apply.
What your team does:
Design plays an integral role at Clio, making up one of the three pillars of our Product organization alongside Product Management and Engineering. Product designers directly engage in researching the behaviours and needs of our users. They act as champions of user experience in our Product organization as we work to transform the way lawyers and their staff provide services to their clients. If you’re focused on shipping value to customers with an opportunity to revolutionize an industry, you’ve found your next team.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about data-driven design while also being curious about the nuances of our customers and their specific behaviours.
- You can run research and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data for each project to test your ideas.
- You can run targeted experiments to uncover insights and validate hypotheses at high speed without losing effort.
- You can navigate uncertainty and ambiguity with efficiency.
A day in the life might look like:
- You will be the expert on users of Clio’s payment system to enable more law firms to adopt it and use it effectively.
- Champion experimentation. This will be your day-to-day, which means you’ll be working with your triad partners to craft hypotheses, design and implement experiments, and interpret their results.
- Work your triad and data scientist to prioritize and plan the experiment backlog.
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to drive design decisions and pursue ways to gather more evidence as needed
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Excellent communication skills.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role, with some experience in a growth team preferred.
- A track record of successfully shipping products, solving customer problems and moving company metrics.
- Deep understanding of good user experience, IA, and visual design.
- Can articulate design solutions, balancing business metrics and customer needs.
- Humility plus strong opinions that are loosely held.
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we've launched a completely redesigned experience of our product, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career, but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers