As a Clio Customer Success Manager, you are highly organized and a consummate people-person with deep empathy for ensuring that our customers’ needs are understood and expectations are not only met, but exceeded. You deliver consistent, high value experiences, while driving customers towards their strategic business goals. You’re an experienced relationship builder, customer advocate and have well developed skills in executing the day-to-day requirements of a CSM.
Complex problem solving motivates you and you’re able to demonstrate a consistent tenacious attitude to clear roadblocks for continued success. You’ll need to be agile and scrappy to pull together available sources to understand your customer’s state and deliver on expectations within your control as we continue to grow our tools and products. This aspect of the role necessitates collaboration with your customers and requires mutual accountability for execution. Strong strategic thinking will help you cover all elements of managing customer relations and a deep awareness will have you anticipating your customers needs and next steps.
If you’re excited and motivated to solve complex business problems through innovation and creativity, have a relentless drive for trying and testing new tactics and exercising laser focus on what needs to be done, then this role may be for you!
What your team does:
Our Customer Success team is hyperfocused on providing an exceptional onboarding and post onboarding experience. We are a dedicated team who enjoy what we do and are serious about making a positive impact on our customers’ businesses.
What you'll work on:
- Develop and manage value based relationships with a portfolio of Clio’s highest value accounts while maintaining net positive retention
- Partner with our customers to deliver an exceptional customer experience and support predictable growth for our business by acting as a trusted business partner on use-case, best practices and product functionality
- Understand firm needs, tech stack and how our solutions not only fit in but enhance our customer’s ecosystem for a better client experience
- Manage an effective feedback loop for customer needs through cross-functional interactions with Product, Sales and Onboarding teams
- Establish a regular cadence of communication with customers and proactively engage via email, phone and Zoom meetings to maintain engagement and adoption of Clio. Possibility of onsite travel in the future.
- Deliver regular Business Reviews to demonstrate value and ROI to customer base
- Manage and de-escalate customer escalations and work with connective teams to resolve issues
- Develop Customer Success assets, working collaboratively with Product Development, Product Marketing, and Sales teams to establish and refine customer materials and solutions
- Identify cross-sell and expansion opportunities
- Provide in depth and thorough product demonstrations to drive additional growth opportunities
- Support your portfolio base in value add conversations and activating Clio Payments
- Partner with Sales leaders (Account Executives, Sale Engineering) to assist in closing new customers - including developing customized Clio implementation solutions
- Cultivate a pool of advocates to support Sales prospects and grow our referral base
- Collaborate with Customer Marketing on advocacy initiatives and surprise and delight experiences for our customers
- Be data-driven: drive adoption and retention, working with Net Promoter Score and customer health metrics to prioritize focus and influence a better customer experience to expand our advocate base
What you may have:
- A healthy obsession for customers, and an incessant drive to innovate
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- A strong ability to present to large audiences in person
- Confidence and are sensitive to the needs of customers of all abilities
- Proactive customer management and sales instincts with a drive to promote revenue and growth
- Strong sense of self awareness and accountability
- Motivated and self driven approach
- Adaptable and growth oriented mindset open to feedback both delivering and receiving
- Comfort and confidence facilitating live sessions through Zoom
- 3+ years of customer-facing experience in a B2B/Enterprise SaaS environment as a Customer Success Manager, Account Executive/Manager, Sales Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Salesforce or other SaaS tools
- Proven track record of portfolio management and understanding of Customer Success
- Experience working with API-driven applications
- Proven track record in a dynamic startup environment
We are an award-winning team that is both human and high performing–and are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion and believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation.
At Clio, we pride ourselves in enabling our teams to do the best work of their careers and are committed to providing the tools and infrastructure needed, wherever you choose to log in from.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round which came with a US$1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology and trust us, you want to be a part of this! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.
Job ID: INDCS