What your team does:
Our Customer Success team is hyperfocused on providing an exceptional onboarding and post onboarding experience. We are a dedicated team who enjoy what we do and are serious about making a positive impact on our customers’ businesses.
Who you are:
As a Clio Customer Success Manager, you are highly organized and a consummate people-person with deep empathy for ensuring that our customers’ needs are understood and expectations are not only met, but exceeded. You deliver consistent, high value experiences, while driving customers towards their strategic business goals. You’re an experienced relationship builder, customer advocate and have well developed skills in executing the day-to-day requirements of a CSM.
Complex problem solving motivates you and you’re able to demonstrate a consistent tenacious attitude to clear roadblocks for continued success. You’ll need to be agile and scrappy to pull together available sources to understand your customer’s state and deliver on expectations within your control as we continue to grow our tools and products. This aspect of the role necessitates collaboration with your customers and requires mutual accountability for execution. Strong strategic thinking will help you cover all elements of managing customer relations and a deep awareness will have you anticipating your customers needs and next steps.
If you’re excited and motivated to solve complex business problems through innovation and creativity, have a relentless drive for trying and testing new tactics and exercising laser focus on what needs to be done, then this role may be for you!
A day in the life might look like:
- Develop and manage value based relationships with a portfolio of Clio’s highest value accounts while maintaining net positive retention
- Partner with our customers to deliver an exceptional customer experience and support predictable growth for our business by acting as a trusted business partner on use-case, best practices and product functionality
- Understand firm needs, tech stack and how our solutions not only fit in but enhance our customer’s ecosystem for a better client experience
- Manage an effective feedback loop for customer needs through cross-functional interactions with Product, Sales and Onboarding teams
- Establish a regular cadence of communication with customers and proactively engage via email, phone and Zoom meetings to maintain engagement and adoption of Clio. Possibility of onsite travel in the future.
- Deliver regular Business Reviews to demonstrate value and ROI to customer base
- Manage and de-escalate customer escalations and work with connective teams to resolve issues
- Develop Customer Success assets, working collaboratively with Product Development, Product Marketing, and Sales teams to establish and refine customer materials and solutions
- Identify cross-sell and expansion opportunities
- Provide in depth and thorough product demonstrations to drive additional growth opportunities
- Support your portfolio base in value add conversations and activating Clio Payments
- Partner with Sales leaders (Account Executives, Sale Engineering) to assist in closing new customers - including developing customized Clio implementation solutions
- Cultivate a pool of advocates to support Sales prospects and grow our referral base
- Collaborate with Customer Marketing on advocacy initiatives and surprise and delight experiences for our customers
- Be data-driven: drive adoption and retention, working with Net Promoter Score and customer health metrics to prioritize focus and influence a better customer experience to expand our advocate base
You may be fit for this role if you have:
- A healthy obsession for customers, and an incessant drive to innovate
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- A strong ability to present to large audiences in person
- Confidence and are sensitive to the needs of customers of all abilities
- Proactive customer management and sales instincts with a drive to promote revenue and growth
- Strong sense of self awareness and accountability
- Motivated and self driven approach
- Adaptable and growth oriented mindset open to feedback both delivering and receiving
- Comfort and confidence facilitating live sessions through Zoom
- 3+ years of customer-facing experience in a B2B/Enterprise SaaS environment as a Customer Success Manager, Account Executive/Manager, Sales Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Salesforce or other SaaS tools
- Proven track record of portfolio management and understanding of Customer Success
- Experience working with API-driven applications
- Proven track record in a dynamic startup environment
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers