We are currently seeking a new Intermediate Accountant to join our Finance team in Burnaby. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exceptions may apply.
What your team does:
You will be joining a high-performing and hardworking Finance team that values having fun at work. We strive to meet our deadlines, but as with all accountants - we worship balance as well. Your position will be an integral part of the team. Ultimately, you’ll be working with a team that values excellence and initiative. We reward people who work hard, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about Accounting & Finance and want to make an impact.
A day in the life might look like:
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information;
- Own and maintain detailed schedules of revenue, deferred revenue, accounts receivable, and everything to do with ensuring we get paid;
- Provide oversight on the schedules of prepaid expenses and property and equipment;
- Prepare financial reporting and financial analysis focusing on key performance indicators;
- Manage the payables process and review supporting information prior to payment;
- Monitor credit card transactions and expense reports, ensuring appropriate relation to business activity;
- Review monthly reconciliations of bank accounts to accounting system;
- Prepare and report state, provincial and federal taxes on a timely basis;
- Prepare audit working papers and liaise with external auditors;
- Prepare data-driven reports and implement new processes and procedures to support the Company's growth;
- Test and adhere to the Company's internal financial and operational controls and policies;
- Liaise with external contacts when issues or concerns arise; and,
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned, including special projects as they arise.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- 1-3 years of experience at an Intermediate Accountant level;
- Exposure to full cycle accounting;
- Ridiculous attention to detail;
- The ability to wow people with your written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong work ethic, energetic, and a positive attitude;
- Special tricks and techniques for multitasking effectively; and,
- Started or are considering enrolling in the CPA program.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Technology (SaaS) experience;
- Experience working in a startup, hyper-growth or public accounting environment;
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines;
- Experience working with NetSuite; and,
- Completed your Canada or USA CPA designation.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a US $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers