We are currently seeking a Lead Compensation Analyst to join our team. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada (except Quebec), or a combination of both.
What your team does:
Clio’s People Team is on a mission to build and scale a company that is both human and high-performing. Our People Operations team are the architects behind Clio’s people systems and processes and are key players in our scaling challenge. They are the guardians of our HR tech stack, our compensation philosophy and review process, and our people analytics engine.
People Operations is critical to creating an environment that will enable Clions to do the best work of their lives, and feel engaged, supported, and joyful while doing it. As a key member of our People Team, you will contribute your vision, strategy, and tactical expertise to helping our team put a permanent dent in the universe!
This role will also work very closely with our Financial Planning & Analysis team. Our Financial Planning & Analysis team is focused on driving stakeholder and shareholder value by developing the operating and financial plans required to achieve our company goals. You will help our business grow, help our people succeed, and continuously improve the way we operate.
A day in the life might look like:
- Prepares compensation modelling, analyzes data for interpretation, develops reports for presentation and provides recommendations
- Conducts research on compensation practices and trends to analyze and identify issues or opportunities for compensation programs in partnership with our Finance team;
- Own, craft and advise on best in class total rewards strategies and processes for Clio;
- Champion the pursuit of operational excellence at scale across all back-end processes and workflows associated with total rewards.
- Research and update compensation banding at Clio on a bi-annual basis;
- Shepherd our compensation review process (bi-annual), supporting leaders across Clio to make fair and equitable compensation decisions.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- 5 years of experience in a compensation/total rewards oriented role;
- Have a vision for a best-in-class total compensation strategy;
- Are experienced working cross-functionally on organizational change initiatives of significant size, scope, and budget;
- An ability to operate autonomously or in close collaboration with other leaders, as needed;
- A deep knowledge of best practices in compensation (including equity, base compensation and variable pay practices), People analytics, People project management and People Development/Leadership;
- Have advanced-level spreadsheet skills (Google Sheets or Excel);
- Bring strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize/adapt quickly to changing priorities.
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Workday or Ceridian;
- Familiarity with Compensation Surveys such as Radford, Options Impact;
- Experience at a high growth company.
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers